Main RCC Campus
Closes: Friday, September 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A Master’s degree in counseling, school counseling, agency counseling, student development counseling or a closely related area. Three years of work experience in counseling. Must be able to demonstrate competencies in counseling areas related to the functions of the position. Must be able to demonstrate qualities of professionalism, team building, and have excellent organizational skills. Strong effective presentation and communication skills. A counseling license and experience in higher education desired.
Same as minumum.
- Maintains the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Providing and coordinating personal/social, career and academic counseling services for students, faculty and staff.
- Managing the relationship between Robeson Community College and PSRC Early College at RCC, in doing so, advocate for the early college and assist with developing a higher education culture at the early college.
- Designing, implementing and benchmarking a learning plan for students that seamlessly integrates high school and RCC education. Cultivating partnerships between all parties (department heads, instructors, administration) in creating a positive learning culture.
- Assisting in managing resources (human and fiscal) in helping the early college and RCC in achieving their respective goals. Ensure the MOU is implemented.
- Assisting student services (high school and college) in ensuring students are supported with scheduling, acquisition of textbooks, and with assistance if they appear to be struggling at any time.
- Effectively manage the organization and implementation of workflow.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating career services.
- Coordinating job placement services for students and alumni seeking part-time or full-time employment.
- Collaborate with student services units to promote student resources and garner assistance.
- Conducting seminars on topics such as; resume writing, job interviewing, undecided majors, choosing the right career, personality testing, etc.
- Providing career literature and updated information on career trends, employment and online services available for students.
- Providing college/university catalogs, admission applications and other college transfer related information for the college.
- Coordinating college/university visits to the campus and informing the campus community of such events.
- Coordinating job placement services for students and alumni seeking part-time or full-time jobs.
- Coordinating and promoting the college’ annual Career Fair.
- Coordinating the college’s child care services program for eligible students.
- Reviewing goals and objectives of the department to ensure appropriate compliance.
- Fostering meaningful relationships with internal and external partners to effectively carry out the purpose of the department.
- Interpreting the mission, educational philosophy and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Representing the College professionally and handling all student inquiries in a confidential manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources – Sally Carr – email@example.com
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359