Morehead City, NC
Closes: Monday, April 10, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field required.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills: 4 years of professional experience in higher education or related field, including one year supervising the work of others. Experience with disability services and mental health assessment required. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relay complex information across diverse populations, is necessary. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and other information systems.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for the position of full-time Director of Counseling, Disability Services & Retention. Applications will be accepted thru April 10, 2023. The proposed start date is June 12, 2023 or later.
Benefits include pension; paid sick leave, vacation leave, and holidays; low-cost health insurance, and low-cost optional insurance such as vision and dental insurance.
This is an opportunity to live near the beach while also being a member of our campus community who is committed to serving and empowering our students and coastal community by providing high-quality education, workforce training, and lifelong enrichment in an innovative and inclusive learning environment.
The Director of Counseling, Disability Services & Retention will provide developmental, disability, and educational support to students of Carteret Community College, in the form of short-term personal counseling. Serves as the College’s primary coordinator for Title IX.
Essential Duties include:
- Coordinate the disability accommodation and reporting process for students, ensuring compliance with the ADA and other related regulations.
- Create programs to help students meet their developmental needs, connecting with appropriate community resources.
- Oversee the employment, planning, training opportunities, supervision and evaluation of support staff in accordance with personnel policy.
- Lead institutional retention efforts.
- Serve as the College Title IX Coordinator, ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
- Plan and implement Title IX information/educational programming as required by state/federal mandate.
- Oversee investigations and completion of reports that clearly identify the issues, relevant College policy, and summarizes all evidence.
- Assist students in developing grade and financial aid appeal packages.
- Serves as a permanent member of the Accessibility Committee.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Attend required campus events including graduation, professional development, & employee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Carteret Community College is an EEO/E--verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory background search.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557