Director of Customized Industrial Training and Program Development
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of industrial process, training, and industrial organization. Beneficial experience may be in managing, training, teaching, scheduling, and administering industrial education programs in a NC Community College or industrial environment. Knowledge of engineering processes in industrial setting. Commitment to the development of training assistance to manufacturing firms. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in industry related field required. Experience in industry management required.
Experience in Economic Development preferred.
The Director of Customized Industrial Training and Program Development, under the authority and supervsion of the Dean of Corporate and Continuing Education, is responsible for identifying areas of specialized training needed for manufacturing plants and other industries. Program development and implementation is an essential component of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Contact industry within the service area to identify needs for specialized training.
2. Develop and administer programs based on industry needs.
3. Establish and maintain relationships with key industry personnel and the general business community.
4. Work with local economic development offices to help recruit and retain industry.
5. Maintain a strong working relationship with NCCCS office relevant to industry training programs.
6. Provide annual program planning outcomes and results for the Customized Industry training program, including projected budget expenditures.
7. Responsible for managing allocated budgets for individual projects. Coordinate with the Controller on allocated funds.
8. Maintain accurate documentation and submit all required reports in a timely manner.
9. Create short-term educational and training programs for students that incorporate industry recognized credentialing, certificate options, and clear pathways to employment.
10. Assume an entrepreneurial role in the development of occupational & technical, non-credit programming opportunities.
11. Other duties (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. Application and review process can be found on the RCCwebsite. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Richmond Community College
P O Box 1189
Hamlet NC 28379
P (910) 410-1804
F (910) 582-7028