Creedmoor, NC 27522
Closes: Sunday, March 7, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years of training or project management experience with an understanding of manufacturing environments.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops and conduct training sessions with a competency in office computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets design and presentation software.
- Ability and initiative to organize and manage multiple projects and budgets with limited direct supervision
- Ability to assess customer training needs and develop and implement appropriate solutions
- Ability to broker training resources such as recruiting and developing potential instructors and procuring training materials
- Ability to monitor training programs and assess their effectiveness.
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent time management skills, effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to ensure strong rapport and collaborative relationship with industry customers
- Ability to work as a collegial, productive member of high performing teams
- Develop a working knowledge of project management software and NCCCS database systems.
- Masters degree in business, administration, or related filed; with at least two years of industry based work experience.
- Have a working knowledge of project management software and NCCCS database systems.
- At least 3 years of North Carolina Community College work experience.
To develop strategic partnerships with area business and industry and promote economic development. The director consults with companies to develop training programs with appropriate budgets, and delivers comprehensive training to meet the needs of their workforce. The director designs and implements training programs for new and expanding and existing companies within the college’s four county service area. This position reports directly to the Dean of Business & Industry Solutions.
- Identify education and training needs for business, industry, and develop programs to meet those needs
- Monitors progress of projects by reviewing completed tasks, ensuring that deadlines are met and that any needed changes are made
- Works as liaison between NCCCS, the college and local industry
- Works with other continuing education staff to develop, plan and offer comprehensive workforce development programs for business and industry
- Coordinates unit’s activities by recommending goals and objectives and assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Forecasts funding needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies for each training programs; submits and projects proposals for expenditures and monitors and controls expenditures.
- Participates in professional development activities, such as workshops, seminars and conferences related to program area.
- Represents VGCC positively to the community, business and industry and the media.
- Evaluates instructors, course content, and overall program performance.
- Serves on various college committees, local and business associations and task forces to promote the program.
- Provides training consultation to ensure all industry partners are aware of customized training services and their needs are understood and met.
- Maintains database of all industry in service area.
- Collaborates with community leaders and agencies to assist with the recruitment of new business and industry.
- Participates in instructor training programs to earn credentials needed to instruct selected classes.
- Provides coaching for instructors based on observations and student feedback.
- Prepares and submits all required reports and documentation to ensure program approvals and financial reimbursements.
- Ensures compliance with state requirements for the customized training program.
- Participates in community activities/programs and works with local and state agencies that further the economic development of the service area and promote the mission and vision of the college
- Markets customized training program and other programs to
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Business & Industry Solutions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact