Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area
- Master’s Degree in Business or related area
- One to three years of supervisory experience
- One to three years’ experience in developing and implementing training programs in educational or other organizations
- Experience with grant implementation, reporting, and close out
- Experience with direct classroom instruction
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Customized Training Program will report to the Dean for Workforce Development & Continuing Education, and is responsible for organizing, implementing, and administering the Customized Training Program (CTP) program. Primary duties and responsibilities include the development, delivery, and administration of the College’s Customized Training Program (CTP) course offerings in Randolph County. Other duties include designing a comprehensive marketing plan for program promotion, maintaining a budget, providing documentation of program successes, hiring adjunct faculty, and conducting class visits, and working closely with community partners, organizations, and NC Community College System Office Administration.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention efforts for the CTP classes and Corporate and Continuing Education classes including outreach within the community and industrial locations.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the CTP classes
- Implements a student retention plan
- Counsels students on Continuing Education programs and services
- Establishes new classes as the need indicates at various locations in Randolph County
- Provides academic advising for prospective students of CTP
- Provides effective and relevant instruction appropriate to level, needs and goals of students as needed.
- Assists with curriculum development when needed and present recommendations to the Dean of Corporate and Continuing Education
- Coordinates with other RCC departments to enhance CTP and program services
Develops, delivers, and administers self-supporting courses as assigned by Dean for Workforce Development & Continuing Education
Faculty & Staff:
- Recruits, interviews and hires credentialed faculty for the CTP program
- Submits all hiring documents and verification of credentials for all CTP faculty
- Orients new faculty
- Supervises and evaluates the operation of all CTP classes and faculty in accordance with policy, including classroom observations
- Assists CTP faculty in developing instructional materials, instructional delivery, and classroom management
- Assigns teaching schedules for CTP faculty within workload policy guidelines
- Serves as resources person to CTP faculty
- Facilitates the communication of departmental and/or college information to CTP faculty via meeting, email, etc., as needed
- Guides the Administrative Assistant assigned to CTP in record maintenance as required by Randolph Community College and the North Carolina Community College System, e.g. instructor contracts, payroll, student fee waivers, release forms and class attendance for course
- Facilitates the selection and ordering of CTP books and materials
- Manages any conflict within CTP; striving to find an amicable resolution
- Reviews, evaluates, and assesses the CTP programs periodically, facilitating innovation in curricular and instructional development in keeping with the mission and vision of the College
- Ensures CTP programs are in full compliance with the requirements for accreditation, certification, and other standards as stipulated by NCCCS
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with those agencies and other organizations within the community/industry which are pertinent to the CTP program and to prospective graduates
- Establishes and maintains an effective advisory committee in support of the CTP program
- Recommends departmental needs for personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, and other resources during the annual planning process to the Dean for Workforce Development & Continuing Education through the Good to Great and budget processes
- Coordinates the requisition of resources and services, including equipment, supplies, facilities and other materials required for the effective delivery of instruction
- Manages the CTP budget, regularly monitoring the status of expenditures and implementing inventory control methods
- Monitors and reviews part-time faculty records
- Submits annually the CTP Annual Report for NCCCS reporting
- Remains current in discipline and instructional methods through professional development activities offered by the College and other opportunities including attendance at off- campus activities, webinars, conferences etc., as feasible
- Participates in program, departmental and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College
- Ensures the confidentiality of educational records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205