133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
Closes: Monday, February 20, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Use active listening skills.
Be proactive, anticipate problems, and try to solve them independently.
Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
Skill in managing executive calendars.
Skill in organizing, planning, and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements.
Proven knowledge and skill in using advanced features of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and conduct oneself in an ethical manner.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience demonstrates the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field OR Associate Degree with extensive experience in business operations and the development and delivery of adult education programs AND/OR community college services.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field. Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Required: Considerable experience in business operations and developing adult education AND/OR community college programs and services.
Preferred: Extensive experience with coordination of services to business and industry representatives in a community college setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities in performing the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities in performing the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need assistance or accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
Administer all activities of the Customized Training Program; identify business and industry, and community needs and deliver technical and managerial assistance to business owners, managers, and employees; provide assistance through accessible information resources, customized training, and referrals throughout Duplin County. The Customized Training Program will support James Sprunt Community College and the service area. While identifying industry needs, this position will work with other staff to establish and offer through occupational extension needed training classes in the industrial service/management area. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of Workforce Development/Continuing Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Determine training needs that can be met through Continuing Education workforce development training courses, schedule times and locations of courses, promote courses to the business and industry community using various media, register participants, and review course evaluations.
- Recruit well-qualified instructors, contract part-time personnel for teaching, and provide monitoring and guidance.
- Prepare and administer the Customized Training Program operational budget.
- Coordinate requests for business and industry training programs by informing businesses about other James Sprunt Community College programs and directing inquiries to proper departments/programs (Continuing Education, Small Business Center, Basic Skills, Curriculum, etc.)
- Submit accurate records and reports for the Customized Training Program accomplishments to the college administration and the North Carolina Community College System office.
- Maintain close contact with the business and industry community, professional organizations, workforce development board, and economic development organizations to assist employers and determine areas of training needs.
- Prepare annual plan, objectives, and budget.
- Work with business and industry advisory groups serving Duplin County.
- Share information about business training needs and activities and assist in accomplishing activities and programs.
- Instruct and/or coordinate classes for Customized Training Program and Continuing Education as appropriate and needed.
- Maintain professional competencies through continuing education in business and industry-related areas.
- Maintain effective partnerships within the network of Customized Training Programs in the state.
- Coordinate workshops, seminars, and course offerings that benefit and serve students and businesses under Industry Training, Continuing Education, and the Small Business Center
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Serve on college committees as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in other areas at WestPark site as needed.