Closes: Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in business, finance, community relations or a related field or equivalent direct experience in development/fundraising.
- Three years of successful experience in fundraising, development, or community outreach.
- Strong industry knowledge and extensive familiarity with the local business community.
- Strong knowledge and connection with the college community.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university in business, finance, community relations or a related field.
- Five years of successful fundraising experience, development, or community outreach.
- Experience with capital campaigns.
- Development experience in a higher education setting.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Development secures philanthropic support and is responsible for ensuring the establishment of annual and long-term goals and strategies, securing revenue, drafting and reviewing funding proposals and donor appeals, and tracking the status of solicitations. The Director brings innovative outreach and strategies, prompts the identification of priority areas and opportunities, management of donor relationships, and timely and accurate reporting. The Director operates and executes responsibilities in full collaboration with the Foundation Board and College President. The paramount objective is to enhance financial resources that support the College's mission and strategic priorities.
- Identifying and researching potential new sources of funding, including foundations and individuals, through research, with external partners and staff, and staying current on trends and opportunities.
- Identifying and cultivating non-foundation institutional donors - e.g. businesses and associations.
- Tracking and documenting contacts, activities, and status related to all funders and prospects.
- Guiding the development of prospect materials such as funding proposals/applications
- Meeting with and/or arranging meetings for key staff with current and prospective funders.
- Ensuring that current donors receive timely updates and reports, and are included in key organizational activities such as the annual gala.
- Working with marketing/communications staff to develop informational materials.
- Maximizing the functionality of the Foundation's database to support donor cultivation and relationship management.
- Planning and launching events that will engage, inform, and recognize prospective and existing donors, alumni, corporate partners, and community leaders.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205