Closes: Sunday, September 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
2. Experience in instructional design and working with online content.
3. Two (2) years post-secondary teaching experience, preferably in an online environment.
1. Two (2) years of experience working with a Learning Management System, preferably Moodle.
2. Experience developing effective faculty and staff training.
3. Expertise in curriculum development, instructional design, and online pedagogies.
4. Experience/knowledge of state authorization regulations and compliance matters.
5. Experience/knowledge of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
The Director of Distance Learning is responsible for providing leadership to the design, quality development, delivery, and assessment of courses offered in all distance delivery formats including: fully online, hybrid (50% or more online), and web-assisted (less than 50% online). The Director will evaluate, assess, and implement technology solutions to support instructional and support services for existing and emerging learning environments including: developing metrics and tools to track student success and retention in online, hybrid, and web-assisted courses. In addition, the Director will collaborate with faculty and support staff to ensure best practices in the delivery of online courses and programs. This position has some teaching requirements.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College