Closes: Monday, February 6, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, education, business administration, educational administration and supervision, or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of: professional experience in staff supervision, budget management, program development and evaluation, reporting and compliance with federal/state regulations; experience with Trio programs, academic support programs, or similar programs for low-income 6-12 grade students that will be potential first-generation college students.
- First generation college graduate and background similar to those of the target population preferred.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Director of Educational Talent Search is responsible for the leadership and administration of the federally funded Talent Search Program hosted by Southeastern Community College. Working cooperatively with other administrators, faculty and staff, the Director ensures that goals and objectives of the program are accomplished in compliance with Department of Education regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise all aspects of the Educational Talent Search Program
- Develop and maintain project budget in accordance with state and federal guidelines
- Monitor program progress and achievement of goals and objectives
- Prepare and submit grant applications as required by the Department of Education
- Submit required program and administrative reports in a timely manner
- Supervise ETS staff; plan and coordinate staff training; outline work plans and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority as necessary to accomplish goals and objectives; provide formal and informal staff evaluations
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of student database
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with college faculty and staff, target schools and community organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Services
Skills and Abilities:
- Grant management experience: budgetary experience ensuring effective use of funds in compliance with federal and institutional regulations
- Knowledge of TRIO, EDGAR, and OMB Uniform Guidance Programs
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of program administration, including developing and monitoring budgets, monitoring program effectiveness, conducting internal project evaluations (formative and summative) supervising staff, and implementing necessary changes
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to be a self-starter
- Willingness to work with a team to accomplish program goals
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Experience working with low-income, first-generation students
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to target schools
- Knowledge of academic advising services; development of individualized service plans; and college, career, financial aid, and economic literacy services/programming for low-income and disadvantaged students
- Understanding and commitment to the philosophy of Southeastern Community College and to the philosophy of the Talent Search program
How to Apply
Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be February 2, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should direct all inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310 or 206. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact