4564 Chadbourn Hwy. Whiteville, North Carolina, 28472
Closes: Tuesday, April 9, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, education, business administration, educational administration and supervision, or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in staff supervision, budget management, program development and evaluation, reporting, and compliance with federal/state regulations; experience with Trio programs, academic support programs, or similar programs for low-income 6-12 grade students that will be potential first-generation college students.
- First-generation college graduates with a background similar to those of the target population are preferred.
- First-generation college graduates with a background similar to the target population would be preferred.
- The starting date for the position and the successful candidate is 4/1/24. The salary depends on qualifications, experience, and the labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Director of Educational Talent Search is responsible for the leadership and administration of the federally funded Talent Search Program hosted by Southeastern Community College. Working cooperatively with other administrators, faculty, and staff, the Director ensures that the goals and objectives of the program are accomplished in compliance with Department of Education regulations.
- Plan, direct, and supervise all aspects of the Educational Talent Search Program
- Develop and maintain project budget in accordance with state and federal guidelines
- Monitor program progress and achievement of goals and objectives
- Prepare and submit grant applications as required by the Department of Education
- Submit required program and administrative reports in a timely manner
- Supervise ETS staff; plan and coordinate staff training; outline work plans and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority as necessary to accomplish goals and objectives; provide formal and informal staff evaluations
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of the student database
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with college faculty and staff, target schools and community organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Services
How to Apply
Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and the labor market.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, a letter of interest addressing the requirements, and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should direct all inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310 www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact