Closes: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
These qualifications, skills, and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, the candidate will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with technology support and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in learning management systems and other instructional technologies
- Knowledge of and/or experience in faculty development, training or teaching
- Ability to manage and effectively advance multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
- Ability to critically think and problem-solve
- Effective written/oral communication
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, or a related field
- Experience teaching or training in an educational or corporate environment
- Two years of relevant experience working on instructional technology-related projects
- Experience with Moodle, Starfish, VidGrid, SmartBoards, Intelliboard, Zoom, Google Suite, or Mersive technology
- Experience working with data, reporting, and Excel
- Experience in a higher education setting
The Director, Educational Technology is a full-time position that works in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students across the college to promote a high-quality learning environment. The Director promotes effective teaching and learning through the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of educational technology. This position plays a key role in the support of both students and faculty in the online learning environment. The Director, Educational Technology reports directly to the Dean, Teaching, Learning & Global Engagement.
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The college community is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, the institution celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Davidson-Davie faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
The College's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
- Lead the implementation, administration and support of the college’s learning management system (Moodle), its ancillaries, and other educational technology platforms in collaboration with IT Services
- Develop and facilitate learning management system onboarding, training and tutorials for faculty, staff, and students
- Coordinate, provide, and assess frontline user LMS support to faculty, staff, and students including management of help desk support, troubleshooting, and vendor collaboration
- Design and develop strategies and resources to support students in the online learning environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders and IT services to develop LMS or other educational technology related policies and procedures
- Serve as the academic division’s early alert and retention tool (Starfish) administrator to include but not limited to system configuration, administration of progress surveys, building reports and data collection
- Partner with faculty, staff and students to identify, analyze, and explore the college’s teaching and learning technology needs and identify instructional gaps
- Foster a campus culture that embraces the strategic use of educational technology and encourages creativity
- Explore and develop strategies to leverage data from technology platforms to improve student learning
- Attend and participate in required meetings, and serve on college committees as appropriate
- Perform other tasks as assigned that support the mission and initiatives of the College