Closes: Sunday, July 25, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Two (2) years of online teaching experience in a post-secondary institution.
• Three (3) years of progressive administrative experience in post-secondary education with demonstrated experience with strategic and operational planning, budget and resource management.
• Experience hiring, supervising, evaluating, and effectively directing the work of direct reports.
Doctoral degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Distance Education, Learning/Instructional Design, or Educational Learning Technology from a post-secondary institution.
• Greater than two (2) years of online teaching experience in a post-secondary institution.
• Greater than three (3) years of progressive administrative experience in post-secondary education with demonstrated experience with strategic and operational planning, budget and resource management.
• Experience administering and overseeing a distance education/online learning department at a post-secondary institution.
• Experience and familiarity with a Learning Management System, e.g., Moodle, Canvas.
• Experience with quality standards/rubrics of distance education (e.g., Quality Matters) and assessment of online courses.
• Experience formulating policies and procedures.
• Participation and leadership in local, regional, or national groups/organizations focused on distance/online learning, e.g., NC3ADL, Educause, OLC, etc.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of N.C. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new eLearning Director.
The eLearning Director provides innovative leadership to the design, quality development, delivery, and assessment of courses offered in all distance delivery formats, including fully online, hybrid (50% or more online), and blended (less than 50% online). While managing the day-to-day operations of the department, the eLearning Director evaluates, assesses, and implements technology solutions that support instructional and student support services for existing and emerging online learning environments. This includes developing metrics and tools to track student success and retention in online, hybrid, and blended courses. In partnership with the Divisional Leadership Team members, the eLearning Director will work to ensure best practices in the delivery of eLearning courses and programs. They will also build collaborative relationships with Information Technology Services, the eLearning Committee, and the Center for Teaching & Learning to integrate technologies and develop professional development opportunities for faculty across distance delivery modalities. To remain current in theory and practice, this position requires some online teaching. Finally, the eLearning Director will manage college-wide migration to Canvas, our new LMS, while overseeing the implementation of Quality Matters standards in course offerings at GTCC.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact