Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Sunday, February 25, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree. Must have demonstrated experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Database) and Google (Drive, email) applications and functions; strong organization, time management and written and verbal communication skills for professional, business, and consumer based environments and activities. Must have a current valid driver’s license.
Responsible for providing assistance and accurate recordkeeping in the Electric Line Construction programs. Responsible for admissions activities for Electric Line Construction programs including academic counseling and monitoring student academic progress for admissions and retention in the programs. Responsible for planning, coordination and developing activities for the distribution of Electric Line Construction program information. Will be available on-campus, evenings, weekends and at off-campus locations as needed to assist to support student enrollment needs with Electric Line Academy students and students from various utility companies.
- Responsible for Fall & Spring Electric Line Academies, planning Orientation and Graduation/Rodeo.
- Responsible for building the schedules for spring and fall semesters.
- Responsible for coordinating training Classes for NC Electric Membership Corp and Electricities.
- Responsible for preparing contracts for EMC’s and Electricities.
- Coordinate lunches for Electricities when they are on campus.
- Visit the Duke Training Center quarterly to take invoices and checks.
- Responsible for holding Electric Line Team Meetings when necessary.
- Provides the VP with ISA for all classes not taught at NCC.
- Participate in Career in a year and CTE Showcase.
- Responsible for all Work-Based Learning (WBL) paperwork.
- Responsible for Web Attendance for all students taking WBL classes.
- Responsible for maintenance of Electric Line applicant files and archiving in TEAM IA.
- Establish relationships with students to determine needs to assist in program retention.
- Responsible for set up and coordinating Electric Line Lunch and Learns.
- Maintain adequate and accurate records on the Electric Line Construction program students.
- Responsible for processing Electric Line Packets.
- Prepare correspondence and reports as needed for the Electric Line programs.
- Update and maintain Electric Line Spreadsheets.
- Assist the CDL Department in helping our students get registered for CDL classes and collect money.
- Responsible for coordinating with the instructor, registering the students and collecting money for OSHA 10 class.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Responsible for Overload Contract entry.
- Participate in College events and activities..
- Participate in job/career fairs outside of NCC.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform duties as assigned which will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.
- Occasionally move to different classrooms across campus to provide instruction, advising, and instructional support.
- Drive to remote instructional sites or other locations in performance of the duties listed in this job description.