Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
Closes: Friday, September 14, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Electronics Engineering. Degrees must be from regionally accredited institutions.
- Work experience in a related field.
- Community College or University teaching experience.
The Director of Electronics Engineering Technology reports to the Dean of Professional and Technical Programs and is responsible for providing leadership, vision, direction and oversight of all activities within the department. The position also provides classroom and lab instruction.
- Provides collaborative leadership, guidance and direction for the assigned program
- Fosters a collegial relationship among colleagues and partners
- Provides leadership for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs of study while ensuring accreditation and compliance mandates are met
- Supports the student access, success and completion agenda.
- Actively represents assigned programs in the College’s planning, decision-making, and budget development and management processes
- Develops a comprehensive departmental strategic plan aligned with the college planning timeline to include program reviews
- Develops learner centered lesson plans so excellent written communication skills are necessary
- Evaluates and updates program and course student learning outcomes
- Evaluates and updates course syllabi
- Directs and instructs in the Electronics Engineering Technology program with an assigned course load which may include lecture and lab. Excellent oral communication skills, therefore, are necessary
- Collaborates with Continuing Education to identify initiatives that support the success of assigned programs
- Identifies new programs and course offerings
- Recruits, hire, orient, and provide success plans for direct reports, faculty and staff
- Partners with senior institutions to create and sustain articulation agreements and bridge programs
- Liaison with community partners, schools and peer institutions to meet their needs and strengthen assigned programs
- Provides leadership to the Electronic Engineering Technology Advisory Committee
- Manages the instructional processes through collaborative planning
- Coordinates and allocates resources through the budgeting process and ensures monthly balanced budgets
- Participates in various committee assignments
- Identifies grant opportunities that advance instruction, director/faculty professional development, new technologies, innovations, and student learning initiatives
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- This position supervises full-time and part-time faculty and staff
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, unofficial transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer