Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current paramedic certification by the NC Office of EMS.
- NCOEMS Level 2 Paramedic Instructor Credential.
- Must be able to obtain CPR, ACLS, and PALS Certification Instructor within 12 months of date of employment.
- Five years of experience as a Paramedichree years teaching experience as a Paramedic Instructor with one year experience as the Lead Paramedic Instructor.
- Knowledge of COAEMSP Accreditation process and standards.
- Knowledge of NCOEMS guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to develop and supervise online and hybrid classes using Moodle, Blackboard, or Open LMS.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- NCOEMS Level 2 Paramedic Instructor.
- Completion of the updated administrator’s course for NC Level 2 Instructor.
Under the general supervision of the Dean of Public Safety, the Director of EMS Training will:
- Coordinate the development, administration, and compliance of the College’s NCOEMS Educational Institution Plan.
- Develop training programs/plans and schedules according to NCOEMS guidelines.
- Ensure EMS programs are in full compliance with the requirements for accreditation, certification, and other standards as stipulated by NCCCS, NCOEMS, and other relevant governing agencies.
- Become familiar with COAEMSP/CAAHEP and participate in activities necessary to attain program accreditation.
- Work collaboratively with Columbus County Emergency Services, Medical Director and Columbus County Chiefs/Training Officers to develop EMS training for Columbus County.
- Recruit, interview, hire and orient appropriately credentialed instructors for the EMS programs.
- Design and implement a student recruitment and retention plan.
- Schedule and Coordinate EMR through Paramedic classes and instruct as needed.
- Coordinate and conduct specialized EMS (CPR, ITLS/PHTLS, ACLS, PALS, etc.) training programs.
- Schedule clinical and ride time for all EMS initial programs.
- Monitor students in the field and ensure that all required documentation is completed correctly by the preceptors and students by using the Platinum Education Program.
- Ensure student records are maintained and secured to ensure compliance with NCOEMS and NCCCS.
- Review and evaluate instructional results to improve instructional programs and to meet required NCCCS, NCOEMS, and other governing agency performance standards.
- Evaluate course materials and instructor effectiveness to ensure course content is delivered utilizing appropriate methodologies.
- Perform class visitations for the monthly continuing education classes.
- Maintain the organization and inventory of the EMS supply room.
- Maintain active communication with the SCC EMS advisory committee(s).
- Limited instruction as needed to meet the needs of the program and to maintain NCOEMS Level II recredential requirements.
- Provide input on development of annual program budget.
- Attend all required local and state EMS meetings.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet program needs which may include nights and weekends.
- Participates in professional development opportunities to enhance performance.
- Participate in EMS and college related meetings and committees, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director Fire/EMS training and/or the Dean of Public Safety.
How to Apply
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be April 18, 2022. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Inquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, 4564 Chadbourn Hwy., Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 788-6310 or (910) 788-6206. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Post Contact