Closes: Thursday, November 28, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, project management, or related field.
- 6-8 years’ experience in a related field
- Two or more years’ supervisory or management experience
- May require strenuous lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bending, climbing, walking.
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemical solutions
- Exposure to inclement weather.
- On 24-hour emergency call.
- Ability to meet a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends and available on-call for emergencies by telephone and/or cell phone.
Knowledge, specialized skills and abilities
- Environmental stewardship
- Facility maintenance
- New Construction
- Technical aspect of facilities, planning and construction
- Planning and budget management
- Applicable codes, laws, rules and regulations
- Capital and operating budget development processes and procedures
- Basic purchasing, accounting and recordkeeping
To supervise, plan and review the maintenance and renovation activities and operations of college facilities, and grounds; to oversee grounds; coordinate assigned activities with Custodial Services and other divisions, outside agencies and the general public.
- Develops long and short range maintenance plans
- Oversees the maintenance of a variety of facilities
- Maintain and operates the campus fire alarm and fire protection systems
- Supervise the preventive and remedial maintenance for institutional vehicles and all maintenance equipment
- Review plans, specifications and recommendations for maintenance and renovation work by contractors
- Develop plans and programs such as preventive maintenance, energy management, etc. to ensure resources are effectively utilized
- Manage the planning of construction projects including development of an appropriate scope of work
- Assist in new construction, major repairs, renovations, and alterations of all facilities
- Directs projects such as site repairs, renovations, and new construction to ensure completion within established time frames, project design and budget
- Inspects new construction, repair work, projects, equipment and work orders
- Participate in the development and administration of the maintenance and renovation program budget; foresee funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies
- Administer operational budget in support of planning and construction, maintenance, and repair activities
- Estimate cost of repair projects in terms of labor, materials, and overhead
- Coordinate contracted maintenance and renovation services
- Maintains inventory and purchase supplies, parts and equipment through standard purchasing procedures, bid or process quote process
- Coordinates with regulatory authorities regarding issues such as land use, building code/safety issues, accessibility issues
- Coordinates issues related to infrastructure capacity such as transportation and utilities, and future plans for such capacity
- Guides planning and implementation of environmental stewardship effort including energy and water use, reduction, recycling and the use of renewable energy and recycle
- Participate in appropriate committees and task force locally and on state level
Note: Previous applicants do not need to apply
How to Apply
Please go to https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/roanokechowancommunitycollege to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against students, faculty, or staff on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin in admission to, or access to, or employment in its programs and activities.