Closes: Friday, January 21, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with 10 years direct experience and supervisory experience; or an associate’s degree with 5 years direct experience and supervisory experience; or a bachelors degree with 3 years direct experience and supervisory experience required.
Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping, and janitorial work. Develops and maintains positive relationships.
- Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Responsible for facilities inspections and reports, to include facility safety and physical ADA compliance and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates and manages moves and oversees set up for college functions.
- Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services and labor for projects.
- Serves as an Essential Employee for emergency operations affecting College operations. Available 24/7 for all related incidents.
- Manages capital projects.
- Prepares capital project and operating budget and variance reports in accordance with State Construction guidelines.
- Manages vendor relationships and trains vendors on work order and billing procedures.
- Responsible for invoice and E-Procurement processing and accuracy.
- Uses PC for work order system, email, and training.
- Provides process and procedure training in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including preparation of reports.
- Coordinates and oversees repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping, and janitorial work.
- Serves on committees as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
Directly supervises custodial team, building maintenance, and groundskeeping staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models’ behaviors that are consistent with the college’s values.