OCH Campus in Monroe, NC
Closes: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree and previous experience or education in light construction, air conditioning, or mechanical repairs
- Supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as HVAC technician
- Experience in HVAC and electrical construction and maintenance procedures
- Ability to prioritize and organize services and responses to work request
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as computer skills are essential
- Valid N.C. or S.C. driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to work outdoors under all weather and temperature conditions
- Ability to bend/twist at the waist, kneel, climb ladders/stairs, work from elevated areas, lift and place at least 70 lbs. on an ongoing basis
- Professional knowledge of systems for the operation and maintenance of college facilities and grounds including carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, structural integrity, security alarm systems, HVAC systems, grounds maintenance, HVAC control systems, access control systems, and all building local and state code requirements
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigeration Certification
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with administrators, staff, vendors and contractors
- Experience working alone or with others from diverse backgrounds and providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to utilize diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools on a daily basis
- Experience performing silver solder, sweat copper tubing, cut, thread, and assemble ridged pipe
- Experience performing PM’s, troubleshooting, repairs and installation to building and facilities equipment; to include but not limited to, plumbing, carpentry, electrical to 600VAC and 48VDC, cleans electrical fixtures and replace lamps and ballast, and performs industrial painting processes
- Experience operating and maintaining chillers, boilers, pumps, condensers, compressors, package units, split systems, associated electrical, electronic, and pneumatic control
- Experience in commercial and residential HVAC equipment
- Knowledge/experience in HVAC controls and Direct Digital control systems/technology
- Professional knowledge of systems for the operation and maintenance of college facilities and grounds including carpentry, electrical, mechanical, water, plumbing, and sanitary sewer systems, structural integrity, security and alarm systems, HVAC systems, grounds maintenance, control systems and code requirements
The Director of Facilities for Union County is a full-time position located on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Facilities, the Director develops, schedules, and controls a preventative maintenance program to maintain facilities and equipment in proper working condition. Ensuring that mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and all other equipment are functioning effectively and efficiently, and in compliance with all life safety and other regulatory requirements and codes. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintenance, electrical and mechanical operations. Plans a work schedule to maintain a safe environment conducive to learning and teaching for all college grounds and facilities.
- Assist the Executive Director of Facilities with college-wide responsibilities regarding facilities.
- Accept responsibility for overseeing college-wide facility and property services in the absence of the Executive Director of Facilities.
- Ensures all corrective and preventative maintenance are completed accurately and in a timely fashion, and that all related documentation is maintained in accordance with college and regulatory standards.
- Respond to and address all utilities disruptions in a timely manner, and communication to the Executive Director of Facilities of all outages and/or repair delays in a professional, timely manner.
- Plan, implement and supervise routine cleaning and light maintenance of all Union County Campus facilities.
- At the direction of the Executive Director of Facilities, supervise full and part-time facility coordinators and technicians.
- At the direction of the Executive Director of Facilities, oversee the work of contractors such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, and general contractor work.
- Assist with the security of buildings, equipment, personnel and visitors daily and at special events held on a campus or at a college facility.
- Supervise, Assistant Director of Facilities-Union, full and part-time facility coordinators and technicians.
- Perform PM’s, troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments, to industrial/commercial air conditioning and all other facility systems.
- Maintain records of assigned equipment.
- Prepare parts/materials requisitions for approval as replacement/repair needs.
- Must work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc., utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete task.
- Assist with college wide responsibilities regarding facility services.
- Assist in the management of the HVAC equipment and facilities.
- Assist with cleaning and care of facilities, properties, equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Facilities.