Closes: Friday, August 10, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of master’s degree in a field such as Education, Higher Education, Curriculum & Pedagogy, Learning Sciences, or Instructional Design/Technology; or a master’s degree in any discipline and relevant experience and success in faculty/staff development.
At least three years of experience as an outstanding teacher, with a strong background in pedagogy/adult learning
Experience and training in distance learning and online instruction is preferred.
This 12-month position will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and assessing professional development for all college faculty and staff, full-time and part-time. In the first year, the director will be responsible for leadership in the development of a new WCC professional development program, then for sustaining and improving that program, with support from a professional development team. Professional development priorities will be guided by the college’s QEP, Strategic Plan, mission, and vision. The position reports to the Vice President of Instruction.
The Director of Faculty and Staff Development, in collaboration with the professional development team and college leadership, will:
1. Lead in the development of a new professional development program for all WCC faculty and staff, including Workforce Development & Community Education, Career and College Promise, and adjunct faculty.
2. Research, develop, lead, and evaluate new faculty training (annually or biannually), related to college teaching and learning strategies and WCCfaculty resources.
3. Plan, coordinate, schedule, and assess ongoing faculty and staff training using varied methods of delivery (classroom, hybrid, online, Skype, etc.).
4. Coordinate with Information Technology Services to train WCC faculty and staff in the use of online tools that support quality instruction and/or enhance job performance.
5. Stay attuned to faculty and staff participation in and commitment to professional development, making improvements accordingly.
6. Assist in coordinating, developing, and/or implementing professional development activities for Strategic Planning, the QEP (online instruction), Guided Pathways for Success, and other college initiatives.
7. Work with the Vice President of Instruction to develop an annual budget for faculty and staff development.
8. Manage the Center for Excellence in Teaching and serve as a consultant for faculty who request assistance or who are referred by their supervisors.
9. Instruct in ACA (college success) and/or other teaching field; teaching load to be determined.
10. Perform other duties associated with faculty and staff development, as needed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact