Located on both the OCH/LLP Campuses in Monroe and Polkton, NC
Closes: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
· A minimum of:
o A Bachelor’s degree; or
o An Associates degree and four (4) years of full-time financial aid experience
· Three (3) or more years of financial aid experience
· Must be enthusiastic, creative, a team player, and able to work with a diverse student population
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Master’s degree
· NASFAA Certified Financial Aid Administrator or willingness to become certified
· Experience managing U.S. Veterans Administration (VA) education programs, including GI Bill benefits, Veteran Readiness and Employment, and Dependents Educational Assistance, as well as tuition assistance programs for active military and National Guard/Reserve
· VA Certifying Official
· Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with faculty, staff, administrators and students
· Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership and ability to self-start
· A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects
· Advocacy for diversity and for students requiring educational assistance to succeed
The Director of Financial Aid is a full-time, 12-month position located on both the OCH/LLP Campuses in Monroe and Polkton, NC. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, The Director of Financial Aid provides high-quality service to students and employees to achieve a high standard of excellence and innovation in student financial support services. Through a “Student Centered, Students First” approach, the Director ensures every student at SPCC has access to financial support resources and understands their cost of education. This position also provides guidance on state and federal laws and regulations related to financial aid to the College.
· Responsible for the development, implementation and adherence to all required policies, procedures and regulations to insure exceptional financial aid services are provided at South Piedmont Community College for current and future students.
· Supervise and evaluate the daily performance of all financial aid staff.
· Coordinate, request and provide high quality training opportunities for financial aid staff to ensure they are fully capable of administering all aspects of their primary and alternate duties as assigned.
· Prepare and submit timely and accurate financial aid documents and reports as required by internal and external agencies and departments.
· Direct and supervise all policies and procedures required to process and manage financial aid applications, refunds, returns, and account reconciliations for all sources of financial aid available through the Office of Financial Aid.
· Ensure full student eligibility is established and maintained prior to the awarding and distribution of financial aid resources through accurate verification and awarding procedures and systematic calculations of Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
· Conduct regular audits and eligibility checks of student records and files to ensure accuracy and policy compliance is maintained.
· Responsible for developing high-quality financial literacy programming for students, and in collaboration with other faculty and staff, ensures financial literacy is implemented in other College services and programs.
· Develop, maintain and utilize a network of communication resources and products that ensures accurate and timely communication with current and future financial aid applicants and recipients regarding the availability of financial aid resources.
· Schedule and conduct informational meetings, workshops and events with current and future students, staff and community members to promote knowledge and understanding of financial aid resources, policies and procedures.
· Supervise and direct the certification of Veterans benefits and maintain regulatory requirements as required by the State Approving Authority, Veterans Administration, Department of Defense and other organizations as required.
· Participate in SPCC teams as requested.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs.