VGCC Main Campus
Henderson, NC 27536
Closes: Friday, August 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in business, public administration, accounting, education or a related field.
- Three years of professional experience in higher education financial aid.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under continual deadlines requiring great attention to detail while managing competing responsibilities.
- Master’s degree in business, public administration, accounting, education or a related field.
- Three years of experience working with the student information system, Colleague, used by the North Carolina Community College System.
- Three years of experience working in a North Carolina Community College.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Five years of recent professional experience in higher education financial aid including demonstrated expertise in financial aid programs and regulations.
- Administers, leads, implements, plans, and evaluates all operations and activities within the Financial Aid Office.
- Interprets federal and state policies on student financial aid programs and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Completes federal, state and institutional reporting requirements.
- Implements and maintains electronic communication with the Department of Education, and other agencies as needed, including submitting and receiving aid applications, corrections, payment data, and other records.
- Maintains a system to ensure confidentiality of student records.
- Initiates and performs the annual setup of Colleague (software by Ellucian) for financial aid processing and prepares annual financial aid forms.
- Develops consumer information on financial aid.
- Develops and maintains the Financial Aid Procedures Manual.
- Complies statistical data and reports to evaluate the effectiveness/efficiency of financial aid programs and to generate program changes or additions.
- Supervises, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff.
- Coordinates FAFSA events and financial aid presentations to college departments, area high schools, prospective/current students, and community.
- Counsels students on financial aid processes, requirements, and issues ensuring quality service to students, families, and other constituents.
-Coordinates with other departments on campus, especially the Business Office, Registrar’s Office, Admissions and Records, and Student Learning & Success Center.
- Attends professional development activities to stay abreast of any regulation changes.
- Participates in strategic planning and submits any related reports.
- Submits budget recommendations and administers the budget appropriation assigned to the Financial Aid Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Support Services and/or Vice President of Employee and Student Services.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3462