Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina.
Closes: Friday, April 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for a Director of Financial Aid. The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the entire operation of the financial aid program at BRCC to ensure that eligible students have the opportunity to secure and maintain financial aid. Programs include federal, state, foundation, and local monies.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting, or other related field. Minimum of 5 years experience as a Director or Assistant Director at a higher education institution, with preference given to a NC two-year public institution.
Experience: All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety.
• Knowledge of Federal and State guidelines pertaining to grants, work-study, and loans.
• Understanding of Federal tax forms, W-2s, withholding forms, and other Federal documentation used for work-study and/or verification.
• Recognition and utilization of various financial aid processing systems (Colleague/Ellucian preferred) used in awarding financial aid, setting-up scholarships, and gathering financial aid data required for state reports.
• Ability to multi-task to meet the demands of walk-in students or incoming calls.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work with a diverse population of current/prospective students, parents, co-workers, or outside agencies as well as supervision skills for financial aid staff.
• Implementation of various Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to set-up spreadsheets, send letters, or design presentations to assist in my daily job functions.
• Utilize and maintain voice mail and email for better communication with others.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact