Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina.
Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Responsible for the entire operation of the financial aid program at BRCC to ensure that eligible students have the opportunity to secure and maintain financial aid. Programs include federal, state, and local monies.
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our Staff and Faculty to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
Examples of Duties
What You'll be Doing
- Processes, awards, and reports Federal grants and loans (Pell Grant, FSEOG, Direct Loans).
- Processes, awards, and reports State Grants and loans. (NC Community College Grant, NC Education Lottery Scholarship, Longleaf, etc.)
- Processes and awards all BRCC Educational Foundation scholarships utilizing the scholarship management software
- Serves as Chair of the Financial Aid & Scholarship Committee
- Adhere to all government and Veterans Administration regulations at the state and federal level to ensure proper administration.
- Provide guidance and supervision for the Financial Aid Assistant Director, Financial Aid Technician and Financial Aid Specialist.
- Manage the budget for the Financial Aid Department.
- Insure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Work evenings and weekends as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or another related field.
Minimum of 5 years experience as a Director or Assistant Director at a higher education institution, with preference given to an NC two-year public institution. All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a workplace setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Skills and the Know-How
- Strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of Federal and State guidelines pertaining to grants, work-study, and loans.
- Understanding of Federal tax forms, W-2s, withholding forms, and other Federal documentation used for work-study and/or verification.
- Recognition and utilization of various Datatel screens used in awarding financial aid, setting-up scholarships, and gathering financial aid data required for state reports.
- Ability to multi-task to meet the demands of walk-in students or incoming calls.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work with a diverse population of current/prospective students, parents, co-workers, or outside agencies as well as supervision skills for financial aid staff.
- Implementation of various Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to set-up spreadsheets, send letters, or design presentations to assist in my daily job functions.
- Utilize and maintain voice mail and email for better communication with others.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact