Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or related field, AND
- Financial Aid training, AND
- Three years of administrative level experience in a financial aid office setting including one year supervisory experience.
- Master's Degree,
- Financial aid experience in a community college setting
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the orderly administration and leadership of the financial aid program. The Director will plan, organize and supervise the Financial Aid Department; administer federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds and services, and perform standard financial aid duties.
- Lead and direct financial aid staff, foster teamwork concept within office and with other college departments.
- Provide ongoing professional development opportunities and conduct ongoing evaluation of all full-time employees.
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct staff work.
- Address complaints and resolve problems for students, faculty and staff.
- Lead staff meetings, share information as appropriate with other departments, and promote the development of ideas for improved service and efficiency.
- Manage, supervise, interpret, and assure compliance with all federal, state, and college financial aid policies and regulations
- Facilitate coordination and communication between respective college departments as they relate to the FA Office.
- Oversee funding and reconciliation of all funds for federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- Complete all required federal and state reports, as well as assist other areas as needed with reporting requests.
- Perform professional judgment and dependency override process for students.
- Develop student cost of attendance budgets.
- Oversee publications and marketing of all financial aid information, including college catalog, web site, and student handouts.
- Utilize and maintain the FA module in Colleague system, and ensure that the system is used effectively and efficiently for proper and prompt awarding.
- Oversee awarding process, SAP, and R2T4 processing.
- Counsel and advise students and parents regarding financial aid needs, opportunities, eligibility, procedures, academic progress, and assist students/parents with special circumstances or problems with financial aid.
- Develop and conduct FA presentations as requested, as well as participate in outreach activities, including but not limited to New Student Orientation, workshops, financial aid information sessions, high school outreach programs.
- Maintain policy and procedures for the FA Office, develop, implement, and revise policies and procedures as needed to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations.
- Contribute to student, faculty, and staff satisfaction though delivery of quality customer service.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Support Services or Vice President of Student Services.