Closes: Sunday, June 13, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in business, public administration, accounting, education or a related field.
- Three to five years of professional experience in higher education financial aid.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under continual deadlines requiring great attention to detail while managing competing responsibilities.
In accordance with the organizational chart and overall plan of Vance-Granville Community College, the Director of Financial Aid reports to the Dean of Student Access and Support. The Director plans, organizes, implements, and directs all areas of financial aid and veterans’ assistance administration and complies with federal, state, and institutional regulations, policies and procedures. The Director supports the overall mission of the college, works collaboratively with other college departments to achieve institutional goals, and supervises the financial aid staff.
- Administers, leads, implements, plans, and evaluates all operations and activities within the Financial Aid Office.
- Interprets federal and state policies on student financial aid programs and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Completes federal, state and institutional reporting requirements.
- Implements and maintains electronic communication with the Department of Education, and other agencies as needed, including submitting and receiving aid applications, corrections, payment data, and other records.
- Maintains a system to ensure confidentiality of student records.
- Initiates and performs the annual setup of Colleague (software by Ellucian) for financial aid processing and prepares annual financial aid forms.
- Develops consumer information on financial aid.
- Develops and maintains the Financial Aid Procedures Manual.
- Complies statistical data and reports to evaluate the effectiveness/efficiency of financial aid programs and to generate program changes or additions.
- Supervises, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff.
- Coordinates FAFSA events and financial aid presentations to college departments, area high schools, prospective/current students, and community.
- Counsels students on financial aid processes, requirements, and issues ensuring quality service to students, families, and other constituents.
- Coordinates with other departments on campus, especially the Business Office, Registrar’s Office, Admissions and Records, and Student Learning & Success Center.
- Attends professional development activities to stay abreast of any regulation changes.
- Participates in strategic planning and submits any related reports.
- Submits budget recommendations and administers the budget appropriation assigned to the Financial Aid Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Access and Support and/or Vice President of Learning, Student Engagement and Success.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact