Located on both the OCH/LLP Campuses in Monroe and Polkton, NC
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
· Bachelor’s degree
· Four years of financial aid experience, including importing and packaging, writing financial aid policies and procedures, federal and state reporting, and processing R2T4s, SAP, and verifications
· Experience with U.S. Veterans Administration (V.A.) education programs, including GI Bill benefits, Veteran Readiness and Employment, Dependents Educational Assistance, and tuition assistance programs for active military and National Guard/Reserve
· Experience using Federal Aid sites such as COD, SAIG, CPS, etc.
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively, and tactfully with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
· Personal and professional integrity communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start
· Must be enthusiastic, creative, a team player, and able to work with a diverse student population
· A demonstrated proactive approach to identifying problems, creating innovative solutions, and managing projects
· Advocacy for diversity and for students requiring educational assistance to succeed
· Master’s degree strongly preferred
· Experience with Colleague/Datatel strong preferred
· Experience with SharePoint, Etrieve, and Informer Reports
· NASFAA Certified Financial Aid Administrator or willingness to become certified
· V.A. Certifying Official
The Director of Financial Aid and Veterans Services is a full-time position located on both the OCH/LLP Campuses in Monroe and Polkton, NC. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, the Director of Financial Aid and Veterans Services provides high-quality service to students and employees to achieve a high standard of excellence and innovation in student financial support services. Through a “Student Centered, Students First” approach, the Director ensures every student at SPCC has access to financial support resources and understands the cost of education. This position also provide guidance on state and federal laws and regulations related to financial aid to the College.
· Responsible for the development, implementation, and adherence to all required policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure exceptional financial aid services are provided at South Piedmont Community College for current and future students.
· Supervise and evaluate the daily performance of all financial aid staff.
· Coordinate, request, and provide high-quality training opportunities for financial aid staff to ensure they can administer all aspects of their primary and alternate duties as assigned.
· Prepare and submit timely and accurate financial aid documents and reports as required by internal and external agencies and departments.
· Ensure that financial aid processes such as R2T4s, disbursements, awarding of aid, verifications, and federal/state reports are processed on time.
· Direct and supervise all policies and procedures required to process and manage financial aid applications, refunds, returns, and account reconciliations for all sources of financial aid available through the Office of Financial Aid.
· Ensure full student eligibility is established and maintained before the awarding and distributing financial aid resources through accurate verification and awarding procedures and systematic calculations of Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
· Conduct regular audits and eligibility checks of student records and files to maintain accuracy and policy compliance.
· Ensure SPCC’s financial aid management system, i.e. Colleague/Datatel, is updated and maintained to run effectively in awarding aid, managing reporting needs, and accuracy of student records.
· Assist for developing high-quality financial literacy programming for students and, in collaboration with other faculty and staff, ensuring financial literacy is implemented in other College services and programs.
· Develop, maintain and utilize a network of communication resources and products that ensures accurate and timely communication with current and future financial aid applicants and recipients regarding the availability of financial aid resources.
· Schedule and conduct informational meetings, workshops, and events with current and future students, staff, and community members to promote knowledge and understanding of financial aid resources, policies, and procedures.
· Supervise and direct the certification of Veterans benefits and maintain regulatory requirements as required by the State Approving Authority, Veterans Administration, Department of Defense, and other organizations.
· Regularly participate in system office, state, and federal trainings, webinars, and meetings to stay informed of practices, regulations, and laws related to state aid and federal aid.
· Develop, update, and maintain the SPCC Financial Aid Policy and Procedures manual to ensure compliance and accuracy with state and federal regulations, and alignment with SPCC’s mission and goals.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs.