1161 Kehukee Park Road, Williamston, NC 27892
Closes: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, counseling, public administration, accounting, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years of increasingly responsible administrative or staff experience in financial aid assistance
- Three years’ experience working at a higher education institution.
- Master’s degree in business administration or accounting from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience working in a leadership role within a Financial Aid office at a higher education institution.
Under limited supervision, the Financial Aid Director plans, organizes, implements, and directs the activities and programs of the Financial Aid Office, ensuring that assigned functions fulfill applicable federal, state, local regulations, and college goals. Provides financial aid counseling and performs a variety of required tasks in the preparation and documentation of financial aid information for students. Disseminates financial aid information to students and assists students, staff, and the public in the interpretation of financial aid program policies and procedures. Exercises supervision over Financial Aid staff and federal work-study student workers as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, administer, and review the financial aid program; monitor and ensure program compliance with federal, state, and local governments and agencies.
- Counsel and advise students on financial aid programs; determine appropriate and applicable financial aid resources to fit student needs; assist students with filling out aid applications; respond to inquiries from students, the general public, faculty, and staff.
- Disseminate financial aid information to students through workshops, individual counseling, publications, and the college’s web page.
- Ensure student eligibility and timely and accurate awarding, authorization, and disbursement of financial aid from all applicable financial aid resources; notify students of incomplete or missing information; send award and grant confirmation letters.
- Manage satisfactory academic progress for financial aid students; monitor grade point averages, attendance, courses, and progress for financial aid recipients and veterans.
- Manage the coordination of assignments of Federal Work Study students with various departments within the college to meet the needs of the student and the department.
- Administrator financial aid packages for veteran students; utilize VA Enrollment Manager as needed.
- Prepare and submit applications for college supported financial aid funds; administer scholarships received; complete and submit financial records for reporting and accountability.
- Compile data for submission of all federal, state, and local reports to include, but not limited to, Eligibility and Certification Approval Report and Program Participation Agreement (ECAR / PPA), Title IV Fiscal Operations Report and Application of Funds (FISAP), Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System Report (IPEDS), Student Financial Aid Summary (NCHED-A10), Transfer Monitoring and other records through the Electronic Data Exchange program.
- Manage the reconciliation of all financial aid accounts and the awarding of aid to student accounts.
- Prepare the College financial aid program for audits and program reviews and respond appropriately.
- Interpret federal regulations, guidelines, and professional literature on financial aid; share information appropriately regarding implementation, modification and interpretation of information resulting from new or current legislation.
- Ensure the secure maintenance, storage, and confidentiality of student information and records.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of departmental goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for providing financial aid services; review and implement changes to processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supervise Financial Aid department staff; schedule and control all functions of the Financial Aid department pertaining to the workload of full-time employees to ensure efficient operations and effective services.
- Administer the financial aid module within the Colleague computer system.
- Work in conjunction with the MCC Foundation and local clubs and organizations in the establishment of scholarships.
- Work closely with the Business Office regarding financial aid accounts, disbursements, and regulatory obligations.
- Develop financial aid trainings and presentations as needed and requested.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive policies and procedures manual for the Financial Aid department; update financial aid policies regularly and ensure internal controls are enforced.
- Serve on assigned college committees.
- Participate in professional development activities designed to enhance job skills and knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.