Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution.
- Five years of general accounting experience.
- Two years of work experience utilizing Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Master’s degree in accounting or related field from an accredited institution
- CPA certification
- Two years of experience in an educational or community college setting along with knowledge and experience in Governmental Accounting.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
To coordinate, plan, direct, and review the financial and accounting activities and operations of the College including fiscal control and planning, budget accounting, and financial reporting; to coordinate assigned activities with other departments and divisions of the College; and to provide support to the Associate Vice President of Administrative & Fiscal Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and the use of advanced functions.
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls.
- Ability to effectively supervise a work group.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively handle stress and a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours and to travel as necessary including overnight stays.
- Maintain complete and systematic records of all business transactions as required for State, County, and Institutional funds
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the General Ledger system (GL)
- Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger Data and for monitoring all systems that flow data into the General Ledger.
- Supervise personnel in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Receipting, Financial Reporting, General Accounting, and Payroll.
- Request monthly cash certification from the system office and monitor cash flow.
- Research and resolve any problems within the accounting system & GL.
- Supervise activities of the Business Office including planning and administering the accounting procedures/functions and internal controls.
- Responsible for all State, County, and Institutional fund records of revenue and expenditures to keep these funds in balance and reconciled.
- Maintain legitimacy of all account codes and update the account coding system of all expenditures, revenues, and general ledger accounts as per the Accounting Procedures Manual provided by the NCCCS (System Office)
- Coordinate, implement, and Assist the Business Office staff at fiscal year-end with: Preparing accruals and receivables for general expense, payroll, and general ledger, Preparing adjusting entries, Balancing all funds, Fixed Asset Reconciliations, Closing out financial records and opening records for new fiscal year, Preparing individual fund reports in Institutional funds for Board of Trustees and Auditor, Preparing financial statements for the State and Auditor, including grouping sheets of funds and footnotes, Providing documentation of adjustments, receivables, accruals, and inventories for Auditor’s review
- Run all close out processes within the General Ledger on monthly basis and at the year end.
- Prepare and transmit the annual College Financial Statements, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and the Single Audit Reporting Package (SARP) under guidelines from NC Community College System, Office of State Controller, and Office of State Auditor
- Reconcile the State Cash Balance with the monthly CORE Banking Statement.
- Supervise reconciliation of all other bank statements including County & Institutional.
- Maintain the CORE Banking set up with the State Treasurer’s Office
- Maintain the cash management plan with the Office of State Controller.
- Administer the Voluntary Short-Term Investment Program maintained by the State Treasurer (STIF Accounts) and complete all necessary journal entries to update GL.
- Maintain and make monthly entries to reconcile the College money market accounts.
- Prepare the Internal Control Assessment (EAGLE) which includes narratives, walk-throughs, testing the processes, and perform the risk assessments.
- Administer and Review the EAGLE process and transmit the completed files to the system office through SharePoint.
- Prepare and submit the required quarterly reports to the NCCCS Office for Foreign National Compliance Reporting
- Maintain the Foreign Nationals Policy of the College and submit to NCCCS Office.
- Supervise preparation of all budget revisions, all journal entries, and all reports.
- Supervise preparation of all monthly financial reports and transmit electronic files.
- Supervise the processing of restricted loans and scholarships to student’s accounts.
- Supervise the invoicing process of all deferred students and their costs.
- Supervise the reimbursement process for all state, local, and federal grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Administrative Services/CFO or AVP
- Attend trainings and/or conferences as required for professional development.
- Serve on appointed committees as needed.
- Organize campus financial training as needed.
- SharePoint for EAGLE/SARP/Cash Management, etc.
- BOA – Works
- Core Banking
- Image Now
- Official Payments – Client Connect
- NCCCS Service Portal
- New Employee Onboarding
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001