Harris Campus Harris Building II
Closes: Thursday, October 7, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Education, Business or Finance; two years of management/supervisory experience and two years of work experience in one of the following areas – higher education, insurance, real estate or banking
Director, Financial Services Institute position available in Financial Service Institute Division located on Harris II Campus.
Anticipated hiring date: October 13, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Hours per week: 40 - Exempt
Provides leadership, employee support and coaching. Understanding of College Administration, Regulatory oversite and Institutional Reporting, Teaching Excellence and Student Success.
Plan, organize and direct the instructional and administrative activities of the James R. Worrell, Sr. Financial Services Institute. Provide leadership and regulation oversite for various non-credit pre-licensing programs in a highly regulated industry. Support the One College model in providing comprehensive education programs needed to be successful in today’s competitive banking and finance environment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as the primary contact with various governing agencies to ensure licensing and certificate programs are in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
2. Submits new courses for approval and maintaining annual course renewals for multiple regulated programs and professional designations; remains up-to-date on federal and state education rules related to licensing; updates school policies and course materials accordingly.
3. Supports the instructional initiatives of the Business, Accounting and Finance division of the College and coordinate administrative operations within the division; researches and develops new programs to meet community based needs; supervises the selection and ordering of all course materials; approves workloads and areas of responsibility within the department.
4. Hires part-time instructors, as needed and provides new instructor orientation and training.
5. Sets department goals, establishes timelines, and coordinates with subject matter experts in developing new or modifying current programs; builds and maintains vendor partnerships and provides guidance to full and part-time instructors.
6. Plans and manages annual budgets for all assigned program areas; participates in the development and administration of the divisional budget; forecasts and recommends funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and recommends approval of expenditures.
7. Collaborates with Marketing Services to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for all assigned programs; signs off on any marketing and advertising collateral to ensure it is in compliance with regulatory boards.
8. Works with the Corporate Learning and Customized Training teams to promote offerings and secure corporate client contracts.
9. Serves on committees and task forces; attends regularly scheduled meetings; researches and develops recommendations related to the business of the division.
10. Schedules classes to meet students’ needs at appropriate locations/times/formats; provides appropriate office support.
11. Represents the college as requested; develops and instructs classes, as required.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Knowledge and practices of program management
* Exemplify strong knowledge of industry protocols
* Proven supervisory, leadership and organizational skills
* Ability to plan and manage significant budgets
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite
* Ability to network and build relationships with current and potential clients
How to Apply
Job Post Contact