Closes: Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree required in related discipline, AND
- Two or more years of grant administration experience and grant writing experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Director, Grants Performance will be responsible for working with Executive Director to maintain performance standards, compliance, and an efficient and complete administrative record of all grant activities. Supports grant managers in partnership with Executive Director and monitor the progress of grant-funded projects to ensure successful implementation in accordance with grant contract terms and agency requirements. Also assists with departmental coordination to capture and manage external resources in support of college programs and services in direct alignment with the college mission, vision, and values. Further supports facilitation of proposal development, grant activities and/ or strategic partnerships with internal and external partners.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Participates in institutional cross-functioning with grant project managers and Business Office staff to ensure the compliance and positive performance in the technical, fiscal and operations management of all active grant projects; proper protocol is followed in conducting all formal change orders/modifications; timely submission of required agency reports.
- Works with Executive Director to facilitate grant-related and strategic activities to include: supporting an efficient proposal production process; conducting effective project planning; coordinating proposal teams; researching and reviewing funding opportunities; analyzing competitive positioning and risk; proposal editing; researching institutional and sponsor policies and regulations to ensure general procedural compliance.
- Maintains a complete and orderly administrative records of all proposals, contracts, partnerships, grants and other pre-award and post-award instruments including fiscal and operations reports.
- Facilitates and supports strategic partnership activities with business/industry, community organizations, internal partners, and other entitles by participating in partnership meetings, assisting in negotiations of roles and duties, and the drafting of supportive documents in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Coordinates, as needed, with program and contracting officers at the various local, state and federal funding agencies on grant administration issues.
- Participates in the daily/annual departmental responsibilities including strategic planning; operational plan implementation; general office administration; professional development; annual evaluation and reporting; budgeting; purchasing; accreditation requirements; and the development of policies and procedures
- Maintains a database for reporting and tracking all proposal and grant information and activities, and is responsible for performing timely updates and ensuring the accuracy of information on the Grants & Strategic Initiatives website.
- Participates on various committees as appointed.
- Assists with coordination of grant development and implementation for private foundation grants by serving as the liaison with the CCCC Foundation, Business Office staff, and funding agencies.
- Works with Executive Director to monitor progress of grant-funded project to include goals, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, and all other contract terms for assigned grant teams through regular communication and meetings; researches institutional and funding agency’s policies to ensure implementation and budgets are in compliance.
- Leads effective and timely grant support to project directors for all assigned grant-funded projects; works with Executive Director to provide quarterly reports on the progress of grant-funded projects to college administration via BOT reports.
- Directs special projects for the Executive Director, including grant training and grant-seeker initiatives.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.