Director of Human Resources
Closes: Sunday, April 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and personnel matters. Ability to work as a team member and to handle personnel matters. Working knowledge of employment laws and practices.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in personnel, business, human resources or a related field is required. Minimum of five years' experience in personnel, payroll, or employee benefits required.
Experience in personnel, payroll, or employee benefits a governmental setting
The Director of Human Resources, under the supervision of the Executive Vice President, is responsible for directing and coordinating personnel activities such as employment of personnel, employee benefits and all other employee services. The Director of Human Resources also serves as the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, the Exposure Control Officer for Bloodborne Pathogens, and the ADA Employment Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the College's personnel policies and procedures in accordance with all relevant federal and state regulations regarding employment.
- Recruit and advertise position vacancies. Process all applicant files, including applicant notification when position has been filled.
- Advise senior staff and supervisors of proper procedures and policies to follow in personnel matters.
- Counsel employees concerning work performance and working relationships.
- Serve as Health Benefits Representative for the College. Direct the employee benefits program of the College including enrolling, informing, and advising.
- Process all paperwork in compliance with RichmondCC's employment policies and procedures. Supervise preparation of job descriptions. Maintain official College file of job descriptions, applicant files, personnel files, correspondence, and other paperwork associated with an employment action.
- As Exposure Control Officer for the Bloodborne Pathogen Program, ensure compliance in all requirements. Coordinate training sessions for new employees, arrange for immunizations, and establish and maintain files regarding immunization status, exposure incidents, and training sessions.
- Serve as the coordinator for worker's compensation claims.
- Conduct new employee orientation.
- Collect data and prepare all required personnel reports.
- Assist departmental supervisors in planning and setting up seminars and workshops for staff development.
- Maintain file of regulations and laws relevant to personnel matters. Keep current with employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Initiate the annual performance appraisal process. Review completed appraisals and send summary report to the President for annual contract renewals. Generate employment contracts for permanent employees.
- Complete required federal and state surveys as needed.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Human Resource position.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Applications may be filed online at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/richmondcc
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Richmond Community College
P O Box 1189
Hamlet NC 28379
P (910) 410-1804
F (910) 582-7028