Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Friday, July 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Demonstrated innovative and creative leadership, with a commitment to excellence as well as student and employee success
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and principles of community colleges
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff and students as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and appreciation of ethnic and cultural diversity and a record of building consensus and reaching out to various and diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasing successful responsibility in the field of Human Resource Management. Higher education experience preferred
- Commitment to using data to support informed decision-making processes
- Proven ability to develop successful strategies for employee onboarding, growth and retention
- Highly developed collaboration, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and understand laws, statutes, rules, and regulations and apply them in the best interest of employees, students and the College
Master's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
HR experience in higher education
Workplace investigation experience, extensive employee relations experience, mediation experience, SHRM and/or HRCI Certification(s)
Open until filled.
Alamance Community College (ACC) seeks a dynamic, innovative and proven leader to serve as its next Director of Human Resources. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing, implementing and administering the overall HR functions for College employees (approximately 600), including employment administration, compensation, benefits, employee services and legal compliance. The Director facilitates the daily work of the HR Department; providing guidance to employees, other department managers and senior leadership regarding HR policies, procedures and employment-related matters; reviewing and implementing HR policies and procedures; and preparing and presenting a variety of reports and correspondence.
Founded in 1958, ACC is the 14th largest of North Carolina's 58 community colleges, enrolling annually approximately 15,000 curriculum and continuing education students. The College is located within the Piedmont-Triad Region in beautiful Alamance County, which is situated between Greensboro to the west and Chapel Hill and Durham to the east.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated record of innovation and achievement in Human Resource Management. This individual will be accountable for the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and management of the College's HR programs, policies and procedures. This individual must have a demonstrated record of success in building effective programs and partnerships, and garnering support from a sizeable constituency base.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Develops, implements, reviews, and/or administers College HR functions, programs, policies, and procedures related to recruitment and selection, benefits administration, performance management, employee-related, legal compliance, and other human resources policies and procedures
- Manages the College's HR operations and programs; work may involve monitoring work performed by staff; identifying, negotiating, and contracting with vendors; planning and revising programs, including those related to recruitment, compensation and training; and providing HR expertise to employees, managers, and other stakeholders
- Ensures HR operations, processes, and programs are in compliance with Federal, State, and/or College laws, regulations, policies, and procedures by addressing complaints/grievances; investigating policy violations; and addressing/recommending actions
- Prepares, reviews, and presents a variety of reports, plans, and correspondence, using general knowledge and subject matter expertise, to facilitate HR operations and ensure compliance with laws and regulations; work may also include overseeing the maintenance of and/or updating and maintaining human resources information systems and databases
- Serves as the College's Title IX Coordinator
- Is responsible for the budget of the Human Resources Department
- Advises President and Executive Vice President on HR matters
- Serves on the President's Cabinet
- Serves as a liaison to the Personnel Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Serves on college committees (e.g., Strategic Planning)
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: