Closes: Friday, October 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field required
- 3-5 years increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources Management
- Verbal and written ability to effectively communicate and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to set priorities, organize projects, and maintain accurate and complete records
- Principles and practices of Human Resources Management
- Benefits administration
- Ability to interpret state, local, and federal statutes, policies, procedures, and guidelines applicable to personnel and institutional governance; attention to detail required
- Principles and practices of community college administration
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Access
- Commitment to the philosophy and mission of the College
- Positive attitude, organizational and problem solving skills, and the ability to deal with continuous change
Under general supervision, performs complex and varied technical, professional, and confidential work required to administer human resources programs, including recruitment, classification, compensation, training and development, and employee and labor relations
- Serves as benefits coordinator in directing the administration of insurance, retirement, and other benefits programs, in compliance with plan document, laws and regulations
- Serve as institutional administrator and representative for worker’s compensation, unemployment, and retirement.
- Assists with the coordination of grievance to minimize and mediate workplace disputes, and to foster a positive and productive work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; to establish positive employee and public relations
- Ability to handle confidential information with absolute discretion
- Prepares and distributes essential information to employees
- Conducts exit interviews with full-time employees who leave the service of the College
- Assists in the administration of and coordinates the employee performance evaluation process
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end human resources, legal, summary, and technical reports, as directed
Recruitment & Orientation
- Coordinates and implements recruitment processes for various departments; confers with departments to ascertain departmental needs; coordinates and/or position announcements and advertises for positions; screens resumes and applications and participates in the identification of qualified applicants; conducts employee background checks; reviews results and refers cases to administration as needed.
- Oversee the use, implementation, and maintenance of the applicant tracking system.
- Responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing processes and interventions and initiatives to attract, retain and develop diverse talent in the College’s workforce; promoting diversity and inclusion, and advising on best practices.
- Coordinates and provides employee orientations for new full-time and part-time employees; processes verification of prior service and updates dates for employment and longevity for full-time
- Enters and updates personnel information into the Colleague Datatel System and reviews for accuracy.
- Manage the security and integrity of HR information, including personnel record-keeping, serving as custodian of full- and part-time personnel files.
Policies and Procedures
- Stay abreast of statutes, procedures, and current personnel practices and policies by attending professional development activities and reading current publications.
- Makes recommendations for the development and/or revision of human resources documents, policies, procedures, and forms; assists employees and administration with the interpretation and correct application of College policies, procedures, and rules
- Serve as Title IX Coordinator, overseeing prompt investigation of complaints alleging sexual harassment, gender discrimination and related misconduct; reviews findings and proposed remedies, including interim measures necessary to address the harassment/discrimination, eliminate any hostile work environment, and prevent reoccurrence to ensure the College’s compliance with Title IX.
- Serve on various committees as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President that may include payroll
How to Apply
Please go to https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/roanokechowancommunitycollege to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against students, faculty, or staff on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin in admission to, or access to, or employment in its programs and activities.