245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Thursday, September 29, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The job requires an understanding of organizational development, along with human resources laws and best-practices. Considerable judgment and initiative are necessary for the development and implementation of new initiatives, services, and programs. The individual in this position must have exceptional interpersonal skills, a customer service focus, and an ability to maintain confidentiality. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Human Resources Administration, Business or Public Administration; or a degree in a related field.
Five (5) years of experience in human resources management or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The Director of Human Resources, Campus Security, & Safety has multiple responsibilities. As the HR Director, the individual is responsible for planning, developing, and administering all HR activities such as recruitment, selection, on-boarding; classification & compensation; employee relations; benefits; and training. This role will be expected to plan, organize, and control policies, procedures, and actions within the full spectrum of an HR department, while contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems. The role also includes providing broad leadership and guidance to the Director of Campus Security and the Safety Officer positions. Reporting to the JCC President, this position supervises a staff of approximately six employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborates with VP’s, Assistant VP’s, department chairs, and managers in position development, classification, recruitment, employment offers and employment relations to develop and maintain a high performing workforce.
- Monitor salary requirements and compression issues along with making recommendations.
- Develop and implement HR processes and best-practices to ensure excellent customer service with a focus on removing barriers.
- Monitor and audit compliance with community college system policies, as well as state and federal laws in the areas of employment, safety, and campus security.
- Consult and mentor on employee relation issues, performance management, personal conduct, and coaching.
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding campus safety, security, emergency planning, and employee preparedness. Foster relationships with stakeholders, negotiate contracts, and conduct debriefs following major incidents.
- Identify and facilitate programs for staff development and training with regard to human resources, security, safety, and emergency planning.
- Research new or revised benefits, HR programs, safety, and security initiatives to meet the changing needs of the College and make appropriate recommendations.
- Serve as a proactive participant on the Administrative Counsel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provide supervision over approximately six (6) employees in Human Resources and Campus Security Offices. Leads, participates and directs in accordance with JCC standards to include interviewing, training, developing, appraising, assigning, and directing activities.
Typical office environment; working closely with others; high level of public contact and visibility. Regular and routinely communicating with others, reading, and writing utilizing computer equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions.
Essential and other primary responsibilities require maintaining physical conditions necessary for sitting for extended periods of time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. Travel is minimal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact