Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, February 28, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required for consideration:
B.S. Degree in Human Resources or related field with 5 years of direct human resource management experience. Ability to interpret and apply relevant Federal, State, local and HCC policies, laws, procedures and regulations. Basic knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Skilled with HRIS platforms. Ability to effectively communicate verbally with insight and diplomacy in one-on-one or in groups settings. Excellent computer skills; proficiency with MS Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet and email. Ability to make sound decisions, evaluates priorities/choices, and maintains confidentiality. Ability to format, manipulate and analyze statistical data.
Meet all required qualifications and hold a Master's degree in Human Resources.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary function of this position is to lead and manage all functions associated with the Human Resource Department and administration of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and policies. Performs HR related duties in a competent, creative, flexible and pleasant manner. Works under limited supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in performance of assigned responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- ·Supervise Human Resource Staff.
- Manage the administration of the College's employee programs including: FMLA, ADA, Teachers' & State Employees' Retirement System (Retirement/ Short/Long-term Disability), Workers Compensation, Employee Assistant Programs and Performance/Development Plans.
- Design, develop and promote programs that encourage harmonious interpersonal and inter-division/department relations. This would include but not be limited to disciplinary actions, recognition and award programs, equal employment opportunity compliance, and employee counseling.
- Oversee the College's HRIS and the Human Resource modules of the payroll system to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Coordinate the College's recruitment/employment process
- Develop, train and facilitate procedures and processes for recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and orienting employees.
- Administer the College's compensation policies and procedures.
- Collects and oversees the compiling of data and completes/prepares reports for regulatory and college reporting needs (i.e. Staff Information, IPEDS).
- Oversee the benefits programs that will promote the attraction and retention of talented, productive employees.
- Lead the Strategic Planning process for Human Resources and serve on college committees.
- Promote healthy communications and provide support to employees and supervisors with interpersonal relationships.
- Facilitate complaints/appeals/grievances process and manages/resolves complex employee relation issues.
- Oversee and coordinate contract process.
- Manages the Human Resource department budget.
- Design development of training opportunities in the department and within the college with the goal of developing key competencies and professional development.
- Serve as ADA compliance officer for staff and faculty and as Title VII - employment coordinator.
- Develop and seek input of Human Resource Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Haywood Community College, State, and Federal personnel laws and policies, which includes but is not limited to FLSA, ACA, I-9/E-verify, OSHA, COBRA etc.
- Administer College's employee annual and probationary period review process.
- Participate in problem solving and team activities
- Maintain effective working relationships with outside organizations and the College community
- Ability to interact effectively with the Board of Trustees, provide reporting requirements and attend monthly meetings.
- Serve as the Title IX Coordinator for Employees
- Responsible for the safe-keeping of confidential information/documentation.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Adhere to Haywood Community College's Core Values
- Strive to improve self and department through continuous learning
- Create an employee and a student-centered environment
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of the College community
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the community
- Promote and support Haywood Community College's mission, vision, and values.
- Promote and support positive working relationships.
- Implement a team approach in the performance of tasks; work with others to analyze a situation, establish priorities, and apply resources for solving a problem or accomplishing a task
- Accept responsibility for job performance and assigned tasks; exhibit individual behaviors that support the official goals and objectives of the HR Assistant position, the college and the HR department
- Approach problems as a learning opportunity and implement strategies to reduce problems
- Maximize resources to process information; acquire, evaluate, organize, manage, interpret, and communicate information to coworkers, faculty, staff, and students
- Exhibit flexibility and receptivity to changing technologies, methods, processes, work environments, and organizational structure and practices.
- Additional duties as assigned
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- Application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
- HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.
APPLICATION REVIEWS BEGIN January 31, 2020. Position opened until filled. If you should have any questions about this position, please call Beverly Balliot at 828-627-4562 or email email@example.com.