Main campus of Robeson Community College
Closes: Monday, March 25, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources Management or a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Minimum of five (5) years’ of relevant experience.
The incumbent will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure that job descriptions are on file for all positions and updates and maintains changes to all descriptions.
- Coordinate with appropriate administrator in filling vacancies by posting vacancy notices, advertising for vacant positions; assuring compliance with EEO requirements; accumulates applications and pre-screens for minimum requirements.
- Maintain vacancy notices on RCC website and NCCCS website.
- Maintain files on all applicants to RCC, purge inactive or outdated applications when due.
- Prepare appointment letters for all full-time faculty and professional staff and salary notices for non-professional staff.
- Conduct new employee orientation and set up new employees in Ellucian.
- Verify employment eligibility through BASIC Pilot – E-verify System.
- Manage all employee personnel files, insuring that all required documents are included and take appropriate measures to obtain missing information.
- Maintain and secure all confidential records for RCC related to employment legal issues, grievances, reprimands, etc.
- Serve as mediator in employee relations.
- Serve as Worker’s Compensation Administrator by submitting initial claim paperwork and monitors progress of worker’s compensation claims.
- Organize and coordinate open enrollment for state and independent vendor benefits. Meet with benefits representatives to insure the best options for employees. Answer questions and assists employees with benefit related issues. Communicate changes/updates related to retirement, health and other benefit to employees.
- Gather data, prepare and submit required reports to the NCCCS Office and other regulatory offices as required such as monthly and quarterly Employment Security Commission Reports, annual IPEDS report, annual NCCCS Staff Information Report, monthly NC New Hires Report, annual OSHA Recordkeeping, Shared Leave Report, Foreign National Report, etc.
- Review and maintain the Employee Procedures Manual annually and recommend changes on an annual basis.
- Organize professional development for faculty and staff.
- Coordinate Employee Assistance Program and ADA programs for employees
- Update the organizational chart.
- Process paperwork for terminations and retirees.
- Ensure that performance evaluations are completed annually for each full-time employee.
- Serve as Title IX Coordinator for employees. Responsible for coordinating RCC’s effort to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX, which prohibits sex discrimination in all operations of RCC, as well as retaliation for the purpose of interfering with any right or privilege secured by Title IX.
- Recommend, establish, and update college employment policies.
- Greeting visitors, employees, and peers with a pleasant, professional disposition.
- Explain personnel policies and procedures to employees and the public in a timely and courteous manner.
- Handling all correspondence (oral, written, or electronic) with confidentiality.
- Participating in community college sponsored or endorsed professional/ personal development activities.
- Pursuing professional development course, seminars, and workshops to enrich and/or enhance the quality of personnel specialist duties.
- Maintaining a neat, professional office environment/setting.
- Promoting Robeson Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Participating in staff meetings called to expedite the business of the college.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Business and Institutional Services.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Applications are available online at www.robeson.edu. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Should you need more information or have questions, please contact Personnel Services at Robeson Community College, email@example.com, 910-272-3531.