Closes: Friday, May 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years of experience in business/industry setting
- Demonstrated ability to establish linkages with economic/workforce development entities
- Demonstrated use of technology and data software
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Ability to map training programs to third party industry recognized certifications and/or licensures
- Ability to research companies and training protocols
- Excellent organizational, analytical and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well without close supervision
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities
- Willingness to participate in community service activities
- Willingness to be a productive team player
- Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and weekends
- Commitment to the community college “open door” philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
- At least one year of work experience, within the last three years, in a manufacturing, technical and/or educational environment.
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating training programs in an industrial and/or educational setting
- Experience in grant writing, budget management and data analysis
- Prior experience in Workforce Continuing Education course development
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Workforce & Community Development, the Director of Industrial & Workforce Training will:
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport with local business/industry personnel.
- Establish partnerships and collaborate effectively with local, regional and state economic and workforce development agencies to promote development of a skilled workforce to meet regional needs.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and manage Customized Training Program (CTP) projects for new and existing businesses and industries within the guidelines of the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) and Southeastern Community College.
- Maintain accurate records, prepare reports and perform other administrative tasks as needed to administer CTP projects and activities.
- Work cooperatively with Columbus County business and industry personnel to design and implement customized training classes/programs that meet their workforce development needs.
- Negotiate with managers of business and industry to provide education and training onsite and/or at SCC.
- Assist with development, implementation and evaluation of Workforce Continuing Education College and Career Promise (CCP) manufacturing pathways.
- Assist with SCC’s apprenticeship and work experience initiatives.
- Interpret local and regional labor market data to identify short-term skills certification/licensure training programs.
- Design and implement short-term workforce continuing education training programs and pathways
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate instructors.
- Monitor program effectiveness through regular evaluation of data to ensure progress towards program/division/college strategic goals.
- Collaborate with community partners in the development of new workforce continuing education training programs/pathways
- Assume a leadership role in writing workforce development grants, managing grant budget(s), and ensuring that grant deliverables are accomplished in accordance with funding agency/source expectations and guidelines.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and perform other administrative tasks as needed to plan, develop, administer, and evaluate industrial & workforce training programs.
- Develop program/training goals and objectives in conjunction with the college’s strategic planning process.
- Fulfill committee assignments as an individual or group representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce & Community Development.
How to Apply
For a required Southeastern Community College application, visit www.sccnc.edu or call (910) 642-7141, ext. 310.
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, letter of interest and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. This position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact