Howard-James Industry Training Center, Sanford, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, June 27, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, training and development or related discipline, AND
- Five years related business/industry experience;
- Supervisory experience in both direct and in-direct personnel, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of the industrial community and their goals and objectives; ability to assess training needs and appropriate delivery methods for the client
- Knowledge and understanding of available curricula, continuing education/occupational extension, and other courses/programs relevant to industry needs and applications
- Understanding of the functions and goals of the North Carolina Department of Commerce and applicable outreach
- Understanding of and appreciation for the work goals of the people in the service area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Proven track record in the handling of confidential business information
- Supervisory ability and experience
- Previous experience working with the NCCCS Customized Training Program within a community college setting
- Experience in Training and Development (T&D); coursework or degree in the T&D field
- Demonstrated project management skills and/or certification
At Central Carolina Community College (CCCC), we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students with equitable pathways to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Director of Industry Services is responsible for the management and implementation of the NCCCS Customized Training Program and oversight of the Howard-James Industry Training Center.
Approximately 30% travel required usually within the 3-county service area of CCCC for client and partner meetings and class registrations; other travel requirements include in-state regional meetings, client visits, and occasional conferences or recruitment meetings both in- and out-of-state.
Diversity Statement: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Assist industry in planning and implementation of employee training programs through the NCCCS Customized Training Program.
- Ensure the appropriate use of all funds to include project funding, grants, donations, and college allocations as applicable.
- Coordinate and direct activities within the Howard-James Industry Training Center to include industry training programs, meetings, outreach activities, etc. Maintain facilities and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Supervise the activities of direct (part time and full time staff) and in-direct (vendors, contract trainers, etc.) reports.
- Direct the planning, development, and implementation of curriculum and extension courses to meet the requested needs of industry clients.
- Maintain an effective working relationship between Central Carolina Community College and business and industry; serve as a liaison to make connections with other departments and industry as needed.
- Work with service area economic developers to establish a direct liaison between the North Carolina Department of Commerce, the North Carolina Community College System Office, Central Carolina Community College, and local industries.
- Maintain communications with the Sanford Area Growth Alliance (SAGA), Harnett County economic development, and Chatham County Economic Development Corporation for the purpose of coordinating and assisting with the search and acquisition of new industry and sustaining or expanding existing industries.
- Work closely with instruction, administration, and department chairs of all curricula and continuing education. Serve on appropriate advisory boards and committees to further the connections between industry, Industry Services, and applicable departments.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and events as a representative of the college and the Industry Services department at the local, state, and out-of-state level as required.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete five hours of professional development, annually.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Director of Industry Services will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences, and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.