Closes: Monday, July 5, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree in a Computer related field and 5 years of Supervisory Experience in the field of Information Technology or a related field.
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer related field with 3 years of Supervisory Experience in the field of Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft products, Vmware, Cisco networking equipment.
- Bachelors Degree with 5 years of Supervisory Experience in the field of Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience with Active Directory, Vmware, Cisco networking equipment and managing staff in an Educational Environment
The primary objective of this position is to manage the Vance –Granville Community College’s information resources including administrative computing, academic computing, network administration, and managing the daily operation of the Office of Information Technology while achieving departmental goals and objectives set forth by the College’s Strategic Plan. The Director of Information Technology reports directly to the Vice-President of Institutional Research and Technology.
- Develops and maintains the goals and objectives of the department in support of the College’s institutional goals.
- Oversees planning, reporting, and assessment of departmental resources and services.
- Supervise all members of the Office of Information Technology staff.
- Develops and implements a coherent technology plan, Disaster Recovery Plan, Business Continuity Plan, Risk Assessment Plan, and Computer and Security Guidelines for the College.
- Plans, operates, implements, and maintains the administrative computing systems utilizing staff resources.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the College helpdesk.
- Plans, builds, implements, and maintains network infrastructure including LANs, WANs, firewalls, and virtual servers.
- Works in conjunction with Academic Deans, Department Chairs, and Faculty to develop and implement an efficient technology vision for academic and classroom technology.
- Performs network administration on all network servers, local area network infrastructure, printing devices, and telecommunications equipment.
- Troubleshoot wide and local area network connectivity problems and maintain wide area network connectivity to all campuses.
- Responsible for the implementation of all network and telecommunication wiring projects on existing buildings and new construction.
- Schedule, plan and coordinate projects delegated to the Office of Information Technology staff by the Vice-President of Institutional Research and Technology
- Work closely with consultants and the North Carolina Community College System to efficiently maintain the College’s communications and networking infrastructure.
- Maintain efficient operation of the College’s VNET classroom equipment, and facilitate all scheduled events.
- Supervise and coordinate maintenance of all computer hardware, servers, networking equipment and software installations and upgrades.
- Responsible for all computer hardware and software support including workstations, training labs and classrooms.
- Recommend administrative hardware and software purchases and upgrades.
- Purchase equipment and supplies necessary to maintain efficient operation of the VGCC Helpdesk.
- Supervise maintenance of telecommunication equipment and lines. This includes all phone repairs, installations, additions, moves and changes in the VoIP phone system.
- Develop resource tools, procedures and processes to enhance overall operation and efficiency of the Office of Information Technology.
- Perform new technology research and how it can be implemented.
- Initiate new technology projects to increase efficiency and promote continuous improvement.
- Supports outreach, awareness, marketing, and collaboration by participating on assigned College committees; in local, state, and professional organizations, and representing the College at professional conferences and workshops.
- Initiate and maintain IT security measures to facilitate integrity of the VGCC computing environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Research & Technology.
Job Post Contact