Closes: Sunday, October 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years leadership and managerial experience in networking and computer related positions with demonstrated management of a technical team while providing vision and developing strategic goals.
- Experience in an educational environment. Experience in project planning, budgeting, managing, and implementation of enterprise level projects. Demonstrated commitment to customer and team-orientated management.
- Windows Workstation and Server
- Hardware and software support
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, software and hardware configuration
- Local Area Network (LAN) fundamentals and remote access troubleshooting, including network interface connection and user installation
- Network topologies
- LAN administration, servers and network architecture, TCP/IP, Apple Talk and other protocols
- Voice communications equipment
- Commonly used software systems such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, powerpoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Visio and Project)
- Third-party systems accessed via desktop client or web-based interface
- Internet technologies
- Knowledge of local data center design/management and cloud computing
- Knowledge and experience at all OSI Levels of networking technology, from physical infrastructure components to application level communication
- Technology use in higher education
- Systems analysis and information system concepts, techniques, and operating principles
- Program specification, designing, testing and prototyping
- Current practices in the administration of technology-based instructional systems
- Negotiate, manage contracts and projects with outside vendors.
- Develop a vision for adopting emerging technologies to achieve college goals and objectives
- Lead and motivate others
- Maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Efficiently manage time, and organize
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Operate, install, maintain, configure, and troubleshoot a variety of highly technical computers, local and wide area network equipment, servers and peripherals
See minimum qualifications
Analyzes user support statistics, annual technology evaluations, and other data to implement appropriate measures and ensures delivery of quality client services.
Maintains multi-site network operations, data centers, and network closets; configures and installs client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network for short- and long-term needs.
Ensures the management of security for the physical networks for the College.
Directs the planning and performance of network and system availability including overseeing network architecture to provide redundant system in key areas, routine backups, and archival of files stored on the network to assist in recovery efforts across a multi-server environment including IP address schemes, DNS, DHCP, etc.
Directs the evaluation of various hardware, software, infrastructure, equipment needs, and service resources to identify strengths, weaknesses and potential benefits fit for the college.
Maintains inventory and records of physical computing assets including, but not limited to student work stations, and other equipment and components.
Oversees the planning, installation, testing and maintenance of its endpoint equipment/products; organizes and executes ITS end point equipment deployment.
Directs networking and personal computer operations through the combinations of directing the college staff, technical know-how or contracted technical assistance.
Provides leadership in networking and personal computer technology to assist the College in achieving the goals identified in its strategic plan; Meets with users to determine quality of service of technology implementation and makes necessary adjustments to accommodate their needs.
Develops and manages individualized training plans for all assigned department personnel.
Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operation problems.
Establishes and documents general schedules and priorities for system maintenance, updates, and other routine processes.
Develops and implements policies and procedures related to information systems hardware and software acquisitions, programming standards, communications, and other support projects.
Participates in construction planning and supervises technology related areas of new construction and renovation projects; communicates with vendors, clients, management, and technology staff.
Develops IT asset management processes, plans, monitors and records software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. Provides vision in development of procurement strategies to optimize technology spending across the organization develops and implements procedures for tracking IT assets.
Develops and maintains documentation including but not limited to service level agreements, white papers for applications/services, schematics and user guides.