Closes: Thursday, April 16, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Minimum of seven years Information Technology experience
• Minimum of five years supporting network hardware, servers and desktop virtualization
• Minimum of four years as a Senior Systems Administrator
• Experienced in leading cloud adoption (at scale), including establishing governance mechanisms, delivering migration projects and modifying I&O’s target operating model
• Experience of developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans
• Master’s degree in Information Systems from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution strongly preferred.
Current Industry certifications:
• VMWare certifications preferred
• MCSE, MCP, Network+, INET+ preferred
• CompTIA Server+, Cloud+
• ITIL Fundamentals
• Seven years in leading senior and/or supervisory role
• Experience in higher educational environment
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP server management
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP system administration strongly preferred
• Experience with Ellucian products, WebAdvisor, Student Self Service, E-Commerce, Colleague Portal, and Colleague Studio.
• Windows server OS, Mac OS, Linux OS
The Director of Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) is responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure and related IT operations used to enable business capabilities and services across the enterprise. The Director of I&O brings current knowledge and future vision for transforming the I&O function including its strategy, service offerings and workforce. The role holder is a senior stakeholder in all relationships with externally sourced infrastructure and operations capabilities. As a key member of the senior IT leadership team, this role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring I&O strategy is fully aligned, positioning I&O to deliver compelling business value.
S/he monitors and ensures compliance with the ITS security programs to educate the staff on security best practices. S/he reviews current performance indicators to assist in the management of ITS projects, tasks and staff to maximize resource use and minimize business risk. S/he also researches and provides recommendations on technology requirements for the college. The Director of I&O assists in developing procedures for IT activities in the department and ensures that these procedures are followed to create stability within the department and the college.
S/he develops the daily work assignments for the systems administrators, providing technical guidance in design, engineering and problem solving. S/he develops the review and planning of infrastructure hardware and softeware upgrades. The position manages tier II support for end-users as well as a resource for other divisions within ITS.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact