Morehead City, NC
Closes: Saturday, August 7, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in curriculum development, education, math, statistics, or related fields.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of: Principles, practices, and techniques of strategic and operational planning, research and analysis; program and institutional accreditation processes and criteria; sources, uses, and types of data applicable to institutions of higher education; qualitative and quantitative research methods; curriculum development, outcome assessment, and program evaluation.
- Skill in: computer software programs important to institutional research and data modeling; proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI, SAS Data Management, and database software; advanced organizational skills to handle, direct, and prioritize multiple and complex assignments and projects; analyzing complex problems, identifying solutions, and demonstrating critical thinking; supervision, training, and coaching of others.
- Ability to: Read, interpret, and apply complex rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; organize and implement a comprehensive assessment and planning process; effectively communicate, both orally and in writing; analyze problems, project consequences, identify alternative solutions, and recommend actions in support of institutional goals; gain consensus through discussion and persuasion; establish and maintain effective working relationships with all areas of the college; maintain confidentiality with absolute discretion; and monitor and administer a budget.
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience in institutional effectiveness, data analytics, assessment, and research in a college environment.
- Preferred: Experience with Ellucian Colleague System and ability to pull reports using Colleague, Informer, Aviso Retention, and system dashboards; commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; experience with SACSCOC accreditation standards and processes.
- Ability to work with computers to pull data, create reports, and communicate with colleagues and senior team.
See minimum qualifications.
To provide vision and leadership for the college’s Institutional Effectiveness plan and management of required reporting and strategies to achieve the strategic goals and objectives; to direct the college’s research and planning activities; and to coordinate the college’s assessment and annual program review activities to comply with state, federal, and accreditation requirements.
Examples of essential duties:
- Promotes a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement through the facilitation of institutional research, program review, and outcome assessment.
- Manages the College’s responses to incoming surveys from outside agencies, including federal and state agencies.
- Responds to internal requests for student and institutional data and works with the Public Information Officer to determine feasibility and appropriateness of public information requests.
- Serves as the college’s IPEDS Keyholder and System data coordinator.
- Supports and tracks college-wide strategic planning; ensures institutional goals support the College’s mission and vision; monitors assessment of outcomes; and reports on use of results to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Provides leadership for all institutional research and benchmarking activities, data management, and analysis, including CCSSE, SENSE, and other feedback and productivity surveys.
- Oversees the College’s Research Review Committee for research activities involving human subjects.
- Ensures that meaningful, appropriate, and accurate data and supporting documentation are available to meet the decision-making needs of the College.
- Researches and publishes documents, reports, and resource materials relevant to organizational structure, strategic planning, program review and assessment, and institutional effectiveness. Oversees student achievement data on the college website. Drafts and presents high-level reports for the college, including but not limited to prospectuses, the College Fact Book, the College Identity Document, and the College Profile.
- Produces appropriate reports to communicate annually individual and program achievements and awards, including disaggregated data to facilitate targeted actions and interventions, and institutional results on state performance measures.
- Supervises the creation, administration, and reporting of institutional surveys, evaluations, and assessments.
- Researches current and emerging trends shaping academic, workforce development, and business operations locally and in higher education and identifies strategies to support the development of new programs.
- Serves as a principle member of the college’s accreditation team. Works closely with the Vice President of Instruction and Student Support (the SACSCOC liaison), to support accreditation, re-affirmation, level change, and all substantive change communications as well as any ancillary reports dealing with institutional effectiveness.
- Provides support and assistance to division leadership with program accreditation, re-affirmation, and other communications dealing with institutional effectiveness.
- Coordinates academic program and administrative unit reviews; provides orientation, training, and support to departments conducting reviews; and collects and maintains program self-studies and review reports.
- Collaborates with all vice presidents by providing appropriate data and contacts to coordinate needs assessment/environmental scan activities and the establishment of key performance indicators.
- Coordinates faculty-based assessment efforts including general education and student learning outcomes; program assessment; and reports on the use of results in program development and continuous improvement.
- Reviews procedures in college manuals, handbooks, and other publications for consistency and compliance with state, federal, and accreditation standards and regulations.
- Provides training and professional development to appropriate college personnel regarding their roles in the state performance measures, outcome assessment, and institutional effectiveness of the college.
- Supports the college’s grants coordinator and others in the pursuit of federal and privately funded grant opportunities.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and other administrative committees as assigned.
- Prepares, monitors, and adheres to an annual budget.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the President and supports research and data needs identified by vice presidents or other designated management.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557