Mayland Community College is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western NC. We are situated about an hour's drive from Asheville, Hickory and Johnson City, TN.
Closes: Monday, February 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Three to five years research experience in the community college and/or
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Three to five years experience in the community college and/or
university system. Experience collecting data a plus.
Under direct supervision of the Vice President of Instruction, conducts and analyzes periodic evaluation of Mayland Community College (MCC) programs and activities relative to the goals of the College. Provides the MCC leadership team with requested data. Serves as the SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) Liaison for the college and coordinates the development and submission of all SACSCOC related information to include reaffirmation and the fifth-year update.
- RESEARCH AND DATA ANALYSIS: Conducts research and specialized data analysis to identify significant trends and developments relative to the college.
- PLANNING: Works collaboratively with the President and Cabinet in developing strategic action plans and prioritizing goals and objectives to address institutional effectiveness issues. Maintains the annual planning cycle through Compliance Assist and assist the Presidents and Vice-presidents in the Program Review Process. Ensures departmental plans are tied to outcomes and goals for budget planning.
- PROGRAM REVIEW: Assists each academic program and non-academic/support program with the program review process on an annual basis. Every five years, programs will complete a Comprehensive Program Review Process to study the vitality of the program and ensure program relevance, currency, effectiveness and efficiency. A Program Review Update will be conducted annually. The following data will be collected, analyzed and given to each program / department (where applicable) for their review process: Qualitative data from surveys, Data Elements Report which includes program cost analysis, demographics and enrollment), composite student profile, NCCCS Performance Measures results, FTE produced by term, by department and by faculty.
- SURVEY DISTRIBUTION, COLLECTION, and ANALYSIS: Conducts and Completes assessments through the creation of surveys designed to assess satisfaction with services and effectiveness of programs. Data is collected from the surveys and analyzed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Confidentiality is paramount in this process. Currently, the following surveys are conducted: course/instructor evaluations (semesterly), completer/non-completer surveys, employer satisfaction surveys, advising surveys, faculty/staff satisfaction survey, graduation, advising surveys, faculty/staff satisfaction survey, graduation surveys, and student satisfaction survey. Other surveys are completed as needed.
- REPORTING: Generates enrollment, FTE, demographic and retention reports by curriculum program each semester. This information is shared with program coordinators to assist them with recruitment. Additionally, similar reports are completed for continuing education for enrollment, demographics and FTE. Provides required information to the following sources: NCHEDS (Tuition, Fees and Charges); IPEDS (Institutional Characteristics, Completions, 12 Month Enrollment, Human Resources, Student Financial Aid, Fall Enrollment, Finance, Graduation Rates, Graduation Rates 200); NCCCCS (Performance Measures); College Board; National Assessment Governing Board; PEQIS; etc.
- SACS LIAISON: Ensures that compliance with accreditation requirements is incorporated into the planning and evaluation processes of the institution; Notifies the Commission in advance of substantive changes and program developments in accord with the substantive change policies; Familiarizes college faculty, staff and students with the Commission's accrediting policies and procedures, and with particular sections of the accrediting standards and Commission policies that have application to certain aspects of the campus especially when such documents are adopted or revised; Serves as a contact person for Commission staff, including encouraging institutional staff to route routine inquires about the Principles of Accreditation and accreditation policies and processes through the Accreditation Liaison, who will contact Commission staff if necessary; Coordinates the preparation of the annual profiles and any other reports requested by the Commission; Serves as a resource person during the decennial review process and helping prepare for and coordinating reaffirmation and other accrediting visits; Ensures that electronic institutional data collected by the Commission is accurate and timely; and Maintains a file of all accreditation materials, such as reports related to the decennial review; accreditation committee reports; accreditation manuals, standards, and policies; schedules of all visits; and correspondence from accrediting offices.
- ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS: Develops and/or revises administrative procedures as needed. Monitors policies as related to SACS requirements / criteria to ensure compliance. Revises processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Maintains inventories and supplies as needed; Maintains appropriate fiscal records. Assists grant writer with grants to secure resources for college.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: Presents information to President, Cabinet, Board of Trustees, faculty/staff and community in a professional and accurate manner as needed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Mayland Community College