Closes: Friday, February 11, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Masters’ Degree required.
Statement of Primary Purpose
The purpose of the Institutional Research & Planning Office is to facilitate college-wide planning, research and institutional effectiveness efforts by:
- collecting, organizing and reporting information about the programs and services of the college
- coordinating college-wide planning and evaluation efforts.
- coordinating and documenting institutional-level evaluations of programs and services
- providing information and reports, as requested/required, to agencies and offices external to the college, such as the North Carolina Community College System Office or the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Full-time exempt Staff, Program Administrator
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with campus stakeholders to promote a culture of data-informed decision making and continuous improvement.
- Design, plan, and conduct activities such as enrollment projections, retention studies, comparative benchmarking, and rankings analyses.
- Enable access to a broad repository of institutional reports and dashboards designed to optimize data integrity, facilitate consistent answers, minimize manual efforts, and promote self-service reporting.
- Extract, verify and manipulate complex data sets, perform statistical analysis of data, interpret results, and organize insights into meaningful and actionable reports for internal and external constituencies.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports to Federal (IPEDS) and State (North Carolina Higher Education Data) agencies, accrediting bodies (the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College), common data set, and college guide publications.
- Participate in College-wide efforts to demonstrate institutional effectiveness as required for continued accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College (SACSCOC).
- Monitor college progress in meeting Performance Measures (KPIs) and Standards established by the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS).
- Manage prioritization of and timely response to internal and external ad hoc requests for institutional data, surveys, and analyses. Provide data to college faculty and staff to support proposals for external funding.
- Provide analytic advice and assistance to administrative and academic units engaged in assessment and program evaluation.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the College Data Coordinator to ensure required reports are submitted to the System Office in a timely manner
- Serve on the college’s President’s Cabinet, President’s Council, and other committees as assigned by the President.
- Distribute, administer, and analyze all college wide surveys.
- Supervise and direct Institutional Research and Planning Associate.
Masters’ Degree required.
Knowledge and Skills
- One to three years of experience in educational research or related area preferred. Demonstratable abilities in: statistical skills and methodologies, data collection and analysis, communication and human relation skills, and analytical skills.
- Experience with large databases and quantitative analytical tools, including any of the following Datatel Colleague, Entrinsik Informer, SAS, R or Python.
- Experience delivering analysis using, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Informer or similar visualization technology.
The position functions in an office environment and physical demands are minimal.
Working Conditions and Environment
Primarily an office environment with no hazardous or extreme working conditions. The usual working schedule is a forty-hour work week (8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday); however, occasional overtime may be required for evening meetings or events.
Computer, phone, fax, copier
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact