180 West Campus Drive, Flat Rock, NC 28731
Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Implements the development and operation of the library and its services in the support of the established objectives of the educational programs at Blue Ridge Community College.
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our Staff and Faculty to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
What You'll be Doing
- Establish library procedures, services, and resources to meet institutional needs as effectively as possible within the budget provided.
- Integrate library resources with the total instructional program.
- Evaluate library services and facilities as related to college needs and objectives.
- Provide orientation of library resources and services to faculty and students.
- Collaborate with other college departments to ensure appropriate library services.
- Develop a budget for the library and monitor library expenditures.
- Supervise library personnel, including other librarians, staff, and any work-study students assigned to the library.
- Promote inter-library cooperation with other regional libraries.
- Arrange the meeting of the advisory library committee.
- Submit annual library statistical reports to appropriate agencies.
- Evaluate the performance of library personnel.
- Seek external funding for library resources and services.
- Apprise the Vice-President of Instruction of library needs.
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Maintain technical competencies necessary to the job function.
- Serve on and lead college committees, as assigned.
- Attend college functions, as assigned.
- Serve as backup for Inter-library loan.
- Assist at circulation desk, as needed.
- Select library resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school
All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Skills and the Know-How
The ideal person will possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
- Must have customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in assisting library patrons in the use of traditional as well as electronic resources.
- Must be knowledgeable of current developments and new directions in library service.
- Must demonstrate sound management skills.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact