Closes: Saturday, November 23, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in journalism, marketing, or public relations required.
- Five (5) or more years of marketing experience required.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, advertising, and communications plans required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including structure, grammar, and spelling required.
- Experience working with social media at an organizational level required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office required.
- Experience with the design and production of print materials and publications required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a wide diversity of needs and meet deadlines.
- Solid project management experience including initiation, planning, execution, closure, and evaluation required.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills with proven ability to deliver projects on time required.
- Creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills required.
- Energetic, passionate, team-oriented, with a tenacity and dedication to excellence required.
- Outgoing personality and collaborative spirit with the ability to build rapport with diverse populations required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in journalism, marketing, or public relations preferred.
- At least two (2) years in a marketing supervisory/leadership role preferred.
- Experience in website design and/or development preferred.
- Content Management System (CMS) experience required with WordPress experience preferred.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRMs) required with Hubspot experience preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs preferred.
Open until filled - review of applications will begin 11/1/19.
The Director-Marketing is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing inbound and outbound marketing and advertising strategies in support of the College’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Strategic Plan by heightening the College’s reputation and brand in support of its programs and multiple campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and oversees the College’s marketing and advertising activities including leading and supervising staff, developing and implementing goals, objectives, and plans, and optimizing resources and budgets.
- Plans, develops, and implements integrated inbound and outbound marketing, advertising, and communications strategies for all target audiences to raise awareness of the College’s reputation and brand, and prioritize, promote and market various College’s programs, initiatives, and events.
- Collaborates with the College Community to gather strategic input for marketing and advertising initiatives (brand, design, content, messaging) and educates the College Community on marketing and advertising efforts.
- Develops and continuously improves processes, systems, and tools to effectively plan, develop, and implement marketing and advertising strategies and initiatives.
- Oversees external marketing agency and related partners in the development and implementation of marketing strategies.
- Collaborates with marketing staff to develop and execute effective digital communication strategies (e.g., website, social media, paid search, content, messaging) and provides technical support as needed.
- Manages and administers the College’s CRM (e.g., Hub Spot) to support marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Writes, edits, and produces strategic, regular, and compelling written, visual, and oral marketing content for various channels and audiences, and for multiple platforms, including publications, the website, advertising, etc.
- Manages the development and design of marketing materials in coordination with targeted news releases, annual reports, internal and external publications, flyers and brochures.
- Oversees and conducts market research and stays abreast of best practices for brand messaging, market trends in higher education, and translates that understanding into successful strategic marketing for the College.
- Identifies key performance indicators (KPI) to monitor and analyze marketing performance such as leads to conversion.Reports on the progress and performance of marketing campaigns to key individuals.
- Partners with Enrollment Management and Admissions personnel to understand trends to collaboratively plan, develop, and implement effective internal and external marketing and advertising strategies and campaigns to increase enrollment and retention.
- Initiates strategic opportunities to promote the College and its programs, including developing a calendar of all relevant marketing-related events such as campaigns, recruiting events, student activities, graduation, community functions, targeted advertising, and general and specific program promotion.
- Manages all marketing requests; responds timely to marketing requests; and proactively attends and participates in College meetings and events to ensure that marketing is fully represented.
- Collaborates in maintaining the College photo database. Schedules and coordinates internal and external photography, as well as audio and video vendor services for marketing and related activities, and leads, guides, and directs the production of videos and related media designed to highlight and promote the College’s reputation and brand.
- Collaborates with creative services (i.e., graphic design and the print shop) to ensure that marketing campaigns are fully and appropriately supported.
- As requested, provides support for speech writing, presentation development, talking points, and scripts.
- Maintains records of all marketing-related information.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines as appropriate.Adheres to professional accountability and accepts responsibility for managing situations and problems.Works cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provides a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Generally works in a traditional climate controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact