Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr., Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, May 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's Degree with qualifying experience related to marketing or public relation. Proficiency with a variety of word processing, desktop publishing, and design software required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with groups and individuals representing a variety of special interests.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of the college's marketing and communications strategies based on the current budget restraints. Emphasis is placed on image enhancement, student recruitment, public awareness, sharing of information, and friend building through the use of external and internal media outlets such as print publications, newspapers, magazines, web presence, social media outlets, electronic digital communications and community outreach activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive yearly marketing plan based on budget constraints and college goals.
- Research, gather information for, write, edit, design, and produce or facilitate the production of all College publications, i.e. course schedules, student recruitment materials, newsletters, annual reports, and news releases in both print and electronic media form.
- Oversee the production of college recruitment videos.
- Explore new non-traditional marketing avenues.
- Take photographs for publications, news releases and to document special events.
- Cultivate and maintain an institutional relationship with various media outlets, printers, freelance artists, and various community individuals and agencies.
- Actively involved in alumni recruitment activities.
- Maintain college archives of news, photographs and historical events.
- Develop and manage the yearly marketing budget wisely and efficiently.
- Supervise the Marketing and Communications department and assign duties.
- Position requires occasional use of college-owned vehicles.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- Application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.