Closes: Sunday, March 25, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Education, background and/or training equivalent to a complete four-year college or university education in marketing, public relations, communications or business required.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
3. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
4. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications as well as proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
5. Ability to use QuickBooks.
6. Ability to work both independently and as a teammate.
7. High standard of excellence, accuracy and consistency, personal integrity, honesty and accountability.
8. Strong organizational skills, process oriented.
9. Energetic, self-motivated and comfortable in public speaking situations.
1. Master’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Business preferred.
2. Knowledge and experience in marketing, budgeting and project management preferred.
3. Knowledge and experience in fundraising representing an educational institution preferred.
4. An intimate knowledge of the WPCC service area, its history and people is preferred.
The Director of Marketing and Development, is responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive marketing communications and donor recruitment plan necessary to build, support and grow the Western Piedmont Community College brand of higher education and the Western Piedmont Foundation.
1. Design and implement a comprehensive College marketing plan using strategically crafted, creative and original campaigns designed to promote enrollment in WPCC curriculum and non-curriculum programs and services.
2. Manage the creative development of all marketing communications that support strategic campaigns with content designed to engage and inform target audiences.
3. Analyze, select and manage the use of a variety of digital and non-digital media outlets including print, broadcast, digital and social media outlets based on target audience media usage behaviors and preferences.
4. Oversee the brand management of the College to ensure all marketing communications, recruitment and general information materials are consistent and in concert with institutional messaging and the College’s Branding Standards Guide.
5. Develop, monitor and manage an annual advertising budget guided by data that shows proof of performance.
6. Serve as leader of the WPCC Marketing Team to facilitate regularly scheduled meetings with WPCC employees involved in recruiting and marketing activities. As team leader, the director will ensure the sharing and promotion of WPCC marketing and recruitment plans and activities across campus; participation in community events where recruiting and marketing are appropriate; marketing and recruitment materials are available; and consistency with WPCC Branding Standards.
7. Manage the development and distribution of content that promotes the WPCC brand through press releases, monthly alumni/student success stories, academic program and student service features and institutional highlights.
8. Serve as the primary point of contact for media inquiries from and releases to local, regional, state wide and national media outlets.
9. Oversee development and organization of photography consistent with College branding and for use in College marketing communications.
1. Serve as the Director of the Western Piedmont Foundation including management of support staff responsible for gift processing and event planning.
2. Oversee management of an accurate donor database and other appropriate Foundation documents.
3. Manage a comprehensive fundraising strategy including an annual giving campaign, golf tournament and donor stewardship program designed to build sustained support for student scholarships, professional development for WPCC employees, and educational programing to encourage community development.
4. Mange a donor recruitment and retention strategy designed to increase Foundation donors and assets through awareness building, affinity matching, donor recognition and high quality interactions between Foundation benefactors and beneficiaries.
5. Oversee management of Western Piedmont Foundation programs including Mini-Grant Awards, Speaker’s Forum, Western Piedmont Symphony campus concerts, Burke Collegiate Scholars and other various Foundation related activities.
6. Support the President of Western Piedmont Community College and the Executive Director of the Foundation in developing relationship and new strategies to further the mission of the Foundation.
1. Directs, supervises and evaluates performance of the Digital Media Coordinator.
2. Directs, supervises and evaluates the Print Shop Technician and overall management and operations of the WPCC Print Shop.
3. Directs, supervises and evaluates part time staff, work study and vendors hired to support marketing and fundraising efforts.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
5. Reports to the Vice President for External Affairs and Workforce Development.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College