Closes: Friday, July 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related area.
- Two years of experience in public relations, marketing, integrated media, journalism or related area.
- Masters’ degree
- Five years of experience in public relations, marketing, integrated media, journalism or related area preferred.
Under the direction of the President, the Director of Marketing and Outreach is responsible for the marketing outreach public information services of the College, including advertising, publicity, publications, the College website and other activities to enhance the community's understanding of the College’s contribution to the educational and economic success of Columbus County. The Director will play a key role in establishing and reinforcing the College’s marketing message, recruiting new students, and supporting student retention efforts.
Working cooperatively with administrators, faculty, and staff, the Director of Marketing and Outreach performs or causes to be performed the following functions:
- Responsible for the overall marketing of the College’s image, services, and accomplishments.
- Establishes and implements a marketing and outreach strategy and plan for the college.
- Coordinates marketing and outreach efforts college-wide in conjunction with Student Services, Academic Affairs, and Workforce/Community Development.
- Creates and executes focused marketing and recruitment campaigns to promote curriculum enrollment.
- Creates and supports internal marketing campaigns focused on student retention and success.
- Assists with marketing initiatives to promote continuing education offerings.
- Supervise the Marketing & Outreach Associate: assign tasks, monitor daily work, and evaluate performance.
- Oversees the College’s electronic marketing efforts and overall presence, including the supervision of the college’s web site, Facebook, text messaging and other electronic / social media platforms and initiatives.
- Administers ReGroup, the College’s emergency notification system.
- Collaborates with the SCC Foundation to support the marketing of fundraising activities and special events.
- Coordinates appropriate media coverage of College events to include news releases, articles, videos, radio and TV advertisements, social media announcements and other communications to inform Columbus County residents of SCC’s impact on the county and ensure SCC is viewed positively throughout the county.
- Recommends budget needs and budget adjustments for the college’s marketing and outreach initiatives.
- Reviews externally distributed College publications to ensure a consistent image.
- Maintains professional contact with media, advertising, and printing/publishing personnel.
- Exercises sound judgement in the release of materials to the public and media.
- Assists with government relations activities at the request of the President.
- Provides for photos as needed for press releases and publications
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
How to Apply
The starting date for the positions is August 12, 2019. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for applications is July 19, 2019.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact