- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s of Nursing degree in Education from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Current unrestricted license or multistate license privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina
• Minimum 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse within the past 10 years.
• Minimum 3 years of full-time post-secondary teaching experience in a board approved nursing program
• Progressive administrative experience in a post-secondary, board approved nursing program within the last 5 years.
• Participation in implementing requirements for state board of nursing approval and national accreditation standards
• Experience with faculty supervision including performance evaluation
• Experience in budget development and management
• Experience with enrollment management, curriculum/program development, and academic assessment
• Experience with online Learning Management Systems and technology
• Doctoral degree in nursing education administration or education from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Greater than 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse
• Greater than 3 years of full-time post-secondary teaching experience in a board approved nursing program
• Community college teaching and/or administrative experience
The director will provide the vision and leadership required to support and enhance the mission of the Nursing Programs (Associate Degree Nursing and Licensed Practical Nursing). Primary administrative responsibilities include program development/management, continuous review, planning, budget administration, general effectiveness of the programs, accreditation, and providing supervision/mentoring to part-time faculty. Instructional responsibilities require a broad-based knowledge of the nursing in the health industry. The Director is a member of the full-time faculty and reports to the Dean of Health Sciences.
In addition, the director is responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college. The director serves as teaching faculty and is required to instruct one class/year.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact