Closes: Friday, August 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or related field
3-5 years accounting experience
Strong oral and written communication skills
Detail-oriented, organizational skills, and self-directed
Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel to multiple sites as needed
Familiarity and appreciation for a comprehensive community college
Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Creating and innovating
- Collaborating and facilitating
Experience in financial services in a Community College System setting
Familiarity with the Colleague system
The Director, Operational Accounting reports to the Dean, Financial & Administrative Services and performs the following functions:
- Maintains and monitors state, county, and institutional budgets and the general ledger.
- Maintains various financial data spreadsheets.
- Supervises Business Office staff in accounting for and banking of all funds collected by the Business Office, including Cashier, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, Continuing Education records and registration, and General Ledger functions.
- Provides financial analysis to support planning and decision-making.
- Monitors college internal controls and procedures.
- Consults with divisions regarding state, county, and institutional budgets.
- Maintains the Colleague system, and trains others in its usage.
- Performs month-end general ledger closeout procedures.
- Assists with preparation of year-end financial statements and assists auditors with the annual audit.
- Maintains and monitors the college flexible reimbursement accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which support the purpose and initiatives of the College.