Downtown Campus, Wilmington, NC
Closes: Thursday, December 6, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 4 years of exempt professional fundraising experience with a non-profit organization and/or foundation.
Candidate should have a proven record of accomplishment of successful fund raising capabilities including annual giving, volunteer management, and marketing/communications.
Candidate should have proven knowledge and involvement in community organizations.
Five to seven years of foundation related experience in a community college or higher education setting
Certified Fundraising Professional and/or Non-profit Management would be a plus.
To provide coordination and oversight to plan, direct, and organize the CFCC Foundation’s development efforts by expanding annual giving solicitations including initiating a comprehensive Alumni Fund program through alumni, businesses/corporations, individuals, faculty and staff. Coordinating with the College’s overall fundraising objectives, the Director of Philanthropy plans, designs, organizes and manages all aspects of annual giving solicitations and stewardship which include, but are not limited to personal solicitation, direct mail appeals, solicitation campaigns that include but not limited to Alumni and faculty/staff. In addition, this position will be responsible foundation grants and under the guidance of the Executive Director will oversee general administrative (or operational) oversight of the Foundation’s programing and operations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives direction and reports to the Executive Director of the CFCC Foundation, Inc.
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Works in conjunction with the Executive Director of the Foundation to design, implement and manage a comprehensive annual fundraising plan focused on expanding and enhancing individual and corporate relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining and increasing individual and corporate gifts in support of the college. Components include personal solicitation of donors, annual mail campaign, private grants, various giving societies, internal campaign (Campus Fund Drive) Alumni cultivation and other market segmentation efforts. This plan will include but not be limited to: research on current giving trends, design elements for continuity in appeal messages, create a College solicitation calendar for the year to avoid multiple or overlapping situations, manage direct mail or other annual giving components. This will include writing, editing, reporting and analysis of the cost effectiveness of each component.
- Serve as lead prospect manager for annual gifts to be elevated to major gifts.
- Identifies emerging business and individual prospects and designs campaigns to cultivate and maintain their support.
- Focuses on effective communication and solicitation activities with specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Builds strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Manages a prospect pool with annual goals.
- Identifies and develops prospects for Executive Director for solicitation and stewardship.
- Works closely with Alumni to create marketing opportunities to build awareness among corporations and individuals in order to build and significantly expand positive fundraising relationships. Reviews corporate profiles that suggest potential relationships based on common interests.
- Creates mass mailing materials (including electronic solicitation) and determines the best timetable and target audiences for such efforts.
- Develops new strategies and techniques through on-line social networking.
- Creates opportunities to utilize volunteer leadership in annual campaign efforts.
- Maintain a high quality stewardship process for active corporate partners and individual donors. Ensures that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Designs and executes donor recognition strategies.